Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Champ

Options
  • 11-05-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone remember this great arcade game from the late 80's.
    It was one of the best around at the time.

Check it out on youtube see if you remember it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRcP2up58uk

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Loved football champ. They had it in my local arcade and I had a copy for my Amiga. It was ridiculiously easy to score and I would end up winning matches 25-0! I still fire it up on my cab from time to time but if it's soccer Im after, generally it's super sidekicks that gets a play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

LoGiE wrote: »
    It was ridiculiously easy to score and I would end up winning matches 25-0!

25-0 :eek: All I could manage was 10-0. The current world record on Twingalaxies is 32 goals for the entire game, and that's on the MAME format.

Go on LoGiE, give it a go, you could be a record holder!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Saddly my record goal scoring was on the amiga! Basically you ran down the wing then turned 45 degrees coming in at the corner of the box...shoot...goal everytime.(Kinda ruined the game now that I think back!) You've just given me an excuse to try it in Mame again though!

You've just given me an excuse to try it in Mame again though!

I got 12 goals on my first game, beating 32 is doable.

You've just given me an excuse to try it in Mame again though!

I got 12 goals on my first game, beating 32 is doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Class Game - they used to have it in Ned Kellys at the top of O'Connell Street. Brings me back to my college days in the early 90s.
    Ahhh....the memories......
    I have it on my Mame cab and still fire it up every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Im obviously way behind the times.

Can anyone tell me what a MAME cab is , how to get one , what cost and how would you go about getting Football Champ on it.
    Would love to have a go at that game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,690 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It lets you play arcade games on your pc.

A mame cabinet would be a pc running mame inside an arcade cabinet. Or something made to resemble an arcade cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Im obviously way behind the times.

Can anyone tell me what a MAME cab is , how to get one , what cost and how would you go about getting Football Champ on it.
    Would love to have a go at that game again.
    Here's a MAME guide including setup instructions : linky
    It's a little out of date (2008) but should be enough to get you up and running...

Advertisement