Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline - homeplug

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

I got a set of those powerline adapters and they're working great, so great I want to get one for another computer.

What I need to know is are these a standard like routers? Can I buy any brand and have it work with any other brand or do you have to stick to the one brand to ensure they'll work together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If yea read the spec of the linked unit, yea will note "HomePlug Turbo1.0 compatible"
    Homeplug/Powerline products have different standards which are meant to be compatible.
    This one should also work fine due to its specs saying HomePlug 1.0 with Turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You must also keep the speeds the same, 85's with 85's & 200's with 200's. You can't mix sets with different speeds.

Most of the newer ones are backwards compatible with v1.0 also

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement