Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying in Azeroth: level reqs and combat.

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

I've had a look through a few FAQs on Cataclysm, but it doesn't mention what the level requirement for flying in Kalimdor/ Easter Kingdoms will be? Will it be enough to pop through to Outlands/Northrend to learn flying at 60, or will there be a new skill (Warm Weather Flying, anyone? :D )

Any news on aerial/mounted combat yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Chaotic Flying (lvl85) - 50 billion gold

Seriously though, they shouldnt make you pay 10k+ gold for this. For once, just leave the current flying skill level as the requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Apparently you can fly in azeroth with no extra requirements. Flying above stormwind would be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Speaking of combat, what about flying combat? Harpooning a dragon and fighting him with my bare hands springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you will be able to fly in catajizz straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

As far as I know, the only new skill that will be there will be to up your mounts from 280% to 310% (or, at least, that is all I've heard any mention of, from some Q&A over at MMO Champion)
    Kiith wrote: »
    Chaotic Flying (lvl85) - 50 billion gold

Seriously though, they shouldnt make you pay 10k+ gold for this. For once, just leave the current flying skill level as the requirement.
    Clear Skies Flying (375)

They taught you how to fly on another planet(?), and in the frigid lands of the North, but they forgot to teach you how to fly in 'normal' weather :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A Flying Permit maybe :pac: (please no)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Robby91 wrote: »
    As far as I know, the only new skill that will be there will be to up your mounts from 280% to 310% (or, at least, that is all I've heard any mention of, from some Q&A over at MMO Champion)

i remember reading something like that but i cant find it anymore. Does this mean that everyones epic skill will go to 310 or only people who already had a 310 mount? Bit of a slap in the face to gladiators and 'glory of' people if its everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its only people who have the 310% mount that can increase their other mounts to 310% from what i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Ah, I found the blue post on MMO Champion
    Q: Do you intend to have all 280% flying mounts scale to 310% when a 310% mount is earned, or will only purchased mounts do so?
    A: Our current plan, is that in Cataclysm, you can learn a new rank of flying that lets all flying mounts move at 310% (even current 280% mounts). That will probably be as fast as mounts will ever get. We don’t like it that when you get a 310% mount that you stop using your old ones.

I just wish it wasn't so vague... they could've at least indicated clearly whether a 310% mount was required :S
    Bit of a slap in the face to gladiators and 'glory of' people if its everyone.
    Well, the 'Glory of the' and PvP mounts have a fairly obvious coolness/rarity factor associated with them. Even if they may no longer be any faster than your usual epic mount, you can still flaunt your awesome mount in front of those Bronze Drake users :P

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Any mount can fly in Durotar. 310 isnt needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement