Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be shocked?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

A friend of mine (not that close) has a video of her daughter on youtube.
    Her daughter is 10 and an adult friend is filming her driving a 2.8L turbo people carrier across a beach. The video clearly shows her getting into the car on her own and driving on her own while the adult films it.

I am shocked to be honest. If the adult was in the car with her, I wouldnt bat an eyelid. It's a pretty powerful car and there is no adult supervision.
    What do people think? Am I over-reacting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

:eek::eek::eek:

This has got to be illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How is this a personal issue for you? Are you considering reporting the parent to the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

dudara wrote: »
    How is this a personal issue for you? Are you considering reporting the parent to the police?

No. I just wanted to know if this was acceptable behaviour and am I over-reacting to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

We always drove cars on the beach as kids :o Probably is illegal but its her kid so I wouldn't interfere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

A beach is a good place for kids to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Probably not the wisest decision in the world and there should have been some adult in the car but we used to always steer the car on the beach but with an adult doing the pedals. Was the beach deserted?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Years ago this sift is thing wasn't bothered about but we've gotten so pc and protective now that we're developing less and less tolerance for anything unusual.

When I was growing up we had a large family and fitting us all into a car was an ordeal but nobody thought anything of it. Now that would be totally frowned upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If you are shocked, then yes, I think you are over-reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its not a public road so most (all?) of the road traffic offences don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

Obviously the parent was confident enough in the childs ability to drive to allow them to do this. I bet off film they did a lot of driving with the parent in the car.

Did the child seem at all uncertain or drive in any way dangerously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

yes i would see it as an over reacdtion. There isnt a parent silly enough to let there kid un supervised to drive such a vechicle if they werent confident of there ability....

also LINK please:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Close over them curtains OP ;)

Advertisement