Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landcruiser LC5

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Hey gang, a neighbour of mine has an 05 LC5 and he has been pestering me to get him prices for some rear shocks.

Normally what I would do is just get a set of generic shocks in the autofactors and put them in but this guy is a pest and is complaining about the handling of the jeep esp when he has a trailer on.

I emailed a mob in the UK that do Koni but heard nothing back.

Now it is never used off road and has 20'' wheels but would often tow a big weight (3t machine + ivor williams tri-axle). Can anyone recommend a decent shock for the back for me and where ye would but them?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Milners, OEC and others do aftermarket shocks for Land Cruisers. Links off http://www.macks4x4info.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I have Old Man Emu shocks on my 110, pricey but give a good ride. Terrafirma are well thought of at half the price if they do a fitment for 'cruisers.

I agree for normal road use the factory shocks are fine. If he's doing heavy towing maybe he should look at the rear spring rates as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ta for that. Will have a look for something along those lines.

He won't go for changing springs, there is no point even asking him!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This one has adjustable suspension yeah?

I'm not sure.

What is adjustable about them on the rear? I haven't looked under it tbh

• Advertisement

It's on airbags in the back, and you'd need to change the rear axle and modify the body to take springs.

I"d suggest he play around with the settings before thinking of changing suspension. You can adjust shock absorber settings and ride height.
    The suspension will put the ECU in limp mode if you mess around with aftermarket parts.

It's called TEMS and from memory came as standard on the LC5.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

would ya not just put genuine shocks back into it, the genuine shocks are designed for the abuse landcruisers are given, pm me a chassis number and i'll get you a price on them

I called to him this eve and had a look.

It might not be an LC5 after all. No air suspension in the back. He has other more worrying issues anyway. Looks like he has bent a rear half shaft.

Doc, thanks for your offer.

An LC4 would still have the satnav and leather seats etc, but would have conventional suspension. if it has cloth seats and a rear diff lock then it's an LC3.

the model spec is written on a badge in the glovebox anyway

It has the full leather and the spare wheel isn't on the boot so when I was told it was an LC5 I believed it.

• Advertisement

That'd be an LC4 then.

Advertisement