Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

205 vrt

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the price to vrt a pug 205 1.9 gti, it's 1990, 123000 miles on the clock. I checked the website but the 1.9 gti doesn't come up.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Talk to Rosslare - and have a stiff drink ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

More than what you paid for the car probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

my friend paid €550 for the car. and they want €900 vrt, and it will take about €200-300 to get ready for the nct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

How can they get away with charging VRT on second hand cars bought in England. There I thought that we were in the EU with the free movement of goods. The Irish goverment is breaking EU law.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

200motels wrote: »
    The Irish goverment is breaking EU law.

Do NOT take this thread down that road. End of. Discuss elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Do NOT take this thread down that road. End of. Discuss elsewhere.
    Ok but where else would I discuss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Conchurl wrote: »
    my friend paid €550 for the car. and they want €900 vrt, and it will take about €200-300 to get ready for the nct

Yep, I had to pay €900 for mine too. I/we/your friend should have done our homework first...

They claim it is a classic/collectable but you cannot pay classic insurance/tax on it...

Load of shoite!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

is there anyway to get the emissions down so the vrt wont be so high

Does any one have one my friend could buy for parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

200motels wrote: »
    Ok but where else would I discuss it?

There's already a thread about it. No point talking about it on this thread as it would derail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Conchurl wrote: »
    is there anyway to get the emissions down so the vrt wont be so high

Does any one have one my friend could buy for parts

As far as I know, the emissions have nothing to do with the vrt on a car of this age.

They're basing it on it being a classic. They deem all 205 GTi's to be worth €2700 and they want 1/3rd of that for vrt. It's the same with any classic. You get a nice old car in thats worth €30,000 and they'll be looking for €10,000 off you :eek:

I'm not 100% on this tho so can be corrected.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    There's already a thread about it. No point talking about it on this thread as it would derail it.
    Thanks for that.

Advertisement