Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wash

Options
  • 11-05-2010 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Where can one get an car wash done that does underneath the car aswell??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The texaco on Lough Atalia by the harbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Why would anybody get a car wash? Its sooo easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Why would anybody get a car wash? Its sooo easy!

You may think you're clever, however you're not.

If you continue to follow other posters around various threads and troll them in this less subtle than you think fashion you're gone, no more warnings.

Understood?

/moderation

No not really, I am only giving my opinion.

No not really, I am only giving my opinion.

No, you're reposting the 'why would you get X done, when you can do it yourself' formula on threads where Xiney has posted.

If it is just your opinion, it's quite a coincidence, and one that will unfortunately cost you your posting privileges in this forum very soon.

You have a chance here to man up, take responsibility for your actions and stop them in the future. I promise people will look better on you for it, than if you continue with this childish charade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's difficult to get underneath the car on your own but go to a jet wash with one of them long handles and push it underneath.
    The wheel arches are more important and can be cleaned from outside with the jet.
    If it's for the NCT it doesn't have to be spotless, just as long as it's not caking the dirt on. Lots of people don't wash their cars at all before the NCT.

Im so sorry Xiney.

Yeah they say to do it on the NCT website, but no one does. I hadn't had my car washed in about 18 months before mine, and didn't even do underneath then, and nothing was made of it.

I think it's aimed at people who drive in and out of construction sites and farms and stuff that would have a layer of mud under the car, obscuring the bits & bobs.

Im so sorry Xiney.

Well done, let's consider the matter closed.

/moderation

Anyway back on topic.. :rolleyes:

The place down by tesco does it.

/reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Cheers guys. My car did a bit of swimming this morning and I want to rinse the salt off. Thanking ye :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Oh dear... If this was the case, I'd advise you to tell them to give in a good going over,and why it needs it, otherwise they might just do the wheel arches/around suspension.. If It is Jap import it should get a very good cleaning...

Are you saying jap cars are more prone to rusting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Are you saying jap cars are more prone to rusting?
    Jap cars sold new in jap wouldn't have as much protection underneath..
    If you bought jap car here/uk ect it would have more protection afaik...
    All jap preformance cars i imported(2nd hand), i got undersealed myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

A new car wash opened recently in the estate opposite monaghans garage on the tuam road in at the back of Rocca and they are doing a car wash for €5 , I am not affiliated with them in anyway just thought it was a great hand wash for a paltry €5 , I mean I felt guiltly cos it was worth at least 10€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Jap cars sold new in jap wouldn't have as much protection underneath..
    If you bought jap car here/uk ect it would have more protection afaik...
    All jap preformance cars i imported(2nd hand), i got undersealed myself...

It's not a jap car/jap import car; but cheers for the tip ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement