Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomniac Film Buffs!!!!

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

hey there y'all basically im in the early stages of making a show that broadcasts cult public domain movies ,Plan 9 from outer space etc. and i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what else theyd like to see ,for instance we might bring on bands during an intermission and interview guests ,any feedback would be class ,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm gonna move this thread to Film Production. You might get more/better responses there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    hey there y'all basically im in the early stages of making a show that broadcasts cult public domain movies ,Plan 9 from outer space etc. and i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what else theyd like to see ,for instance we might bring on bands during an intermission and interview guests ,any feedback would be class ,thanks

That sounds good. Some those movies are a great laugh to watch. Perhaps, instead of bands, you could show short films from independent/amateur film makers and interview retro film buffs. I loved those type of things on the "Blizzard of Odd"

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

What channel are you going to show these on. This sounds like a really cool idea, which I would love to watch. You could run a site that lets people vote for the film they would like to watch next. I'm sure you'd get a lot of interest. As for films the I like well:

I always liked the original The Blob, all the Godzilla films from Japan, Hercules in New York (one of schwarzenegger's first).

The idea to do a blizzard of odd thing could work well, but I also like the idea to show bands too. Would these be up and coming bands, or well established and would they be Irish or International?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

geoffraffe wrote: »
    What channel are you going to show these on. This sounds like a really cool idea, which I would love to watch. You could run a site that lets people vote for the film they would like to watch next. I'm sure you'd get a lot of interest. As for films the I like well:

I always liked the original The Blob, all the Godzilla films from Japan, Hercules in New York (one of schwarzenegger's first).

The idea to do a blizzard of odd thing could work well, but I also like the idea to show bands too. Would these be up and coming bands, or well established and would they be Irish or International?

DCTV on channel 802 UPC so very very irish ,Dublin to be precise , yeah up and coming bands (personally i'd prefer them to u2 and the like) also im thinking of getting local politicians and just taking the absolute mick out of them ( theyre all desperate to get airtime) , i actually never thought about a website that seems pretty good , one thing im worried about is advertising though as any time i mention DCTV its met with a ''who ?'' would posters be too trashy ?? oh and thanks a lot for the input man

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    That sounds good. Some those movies are a great laugh to watch. Perhaps, instead of bands, you could show short films from independent/amateur film makers and interview retro film buffs. I loved those type of things on the "Blizzard of Odd"

yeah amateur films are definately considered one that springs to mind is one called ''dead meat'' which was hilarious.

• Advertisement

oh and what do you guys think of us doing voiceovers heckling the film ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    oh and what do you guys think of us doing voiceovers heckling the film ?

That only works if you're very very funny. If you haven't seen it check out Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - an American program which did this very thing hilariously.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That only works if you're very very funny. If you haven't seen it check out Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - an American program which did this very thing hilariously.

oh yeah saw some bits of it , its hilarious i wasnt thinking of constant VO work just the odd thing every few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Hank_Jones wrote: »

1 minute into it and i already love it/you

• Advertisement
Advertisement