Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble moving on from a 6 year relationship

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, gonna try and keep it brief but ill give more details if asked.

Myself and my gf broke up 2 months ago after 6 years together. No animosity or cheating. We both just felt we werent getting along and that we needed a break. so we broke up. with a potential view to maybe get back together. Im 28 and shes 25

We have been going out for 6 years so im hoping that it is just a break. i think every couple needs a break at some stage.

We slept together on more than 1 occasion since and its been really good. She even said 2 weeks ago that we should maybe go away on a weekend together and that things seemed different(in a good way). She recently kissed another guy, which i knew would happen, im not angry about but she told me she was going on a date 2 weeks before it happened. on a night we slept together. she said it was just the date and that she just kissed him and i believe her. i do. but it still broke my heart. she says i should go out and enjoy myself and maybe kiss someone myself, which i will do once i get the confidence back up

we have both said over the last few weeks that we dont wanna lose contact and we've both said we shouldnt see each other at all.

in the last week she's been pretty adamant that we shouldnt see each other and i do agree with her but theres things i want to say and i cant cos its her decision to not see each other. i love her with all my heart and i know she still loves me. and i know her not wanting too see me is nothing to do with this other guy, she'll prob never see him again(hopefully) as she's moving back near me. its to get her head straight. and mine which is prob right

i'd like to think that we both just need time away from each other and then reappraise us. she says the same.

However, i dont wanna be waiting and have my heart broken again but i genuinely believe we'll get back together after some time apart. i think it could make us stronger in the end but looking at the boards its doesnt seem to be the norm that people get back together. Am i being foolish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OP1981

Thanks sf. Kinda what I was thinking myself. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

I understand completely what you say. I've been thinking the last while that she might resent me for that exact reason. I don't want her to think I stole her best years. That is something I don't want and if it means we break up then at least I can say we had 6 mostly wonderful years. I am going to do my best to try and move on and not think about her. I do still love her and I hope what you said comes true. That she realizes that I am who she wants but if not...I'm only hurting myself by waiting

Cheers*sf.*Reaffirmed*some*of*my*own*thoughts*there.*It*will*crush*me*not*bein*able*to*contact*her*but*i*know*its*for*the*best.*Hopefully*it*will*help*her*do*whatever*she*has*to*do*and*hopefully,*bring*her*back*to*me.*

It*is*silly*for*me*to*wait*around*so*i*will*do*my*best*to*get*back*out*there.*My*confidence*is*shattered*at*the*minute*but*ill*see*how*it*goes.*I*dont*hang*around*with*too*many*available*people*so*it*might*take*a*while.*Maybe*kissing*some*random*girl*on*a*night*out*might*be*just*what*i*need.*Just*need*to*find*a*willing*participant!

Ill*prob*take*your*advice*on*the*keeping*busy.*Went*for*a*jog*yesterday*to*try*and*burn*off*energy*to*sleep.*Prob*go*to*the*gym*today*before*my*night*shift.*If*it*keeps*my*mind*off*it*and*gets*me*fit*then*its*win-win.*Ill*have*a*look*for*that*book.*I*read*a*lot,*not*too*much*lately*tho.*Just*hope*it*doesnt*make*me*cry.*If*it*does*ill*be*hunting*you*down.*

Cheers*for*all*the*advice.*Some*of*the*things*were*hard*to*read*but*they*needed*to*be*said*and*i*agree*with*pretty*much*all*you*said.*Like*i*said*above.*You*confirmed*some*things*ive*been*thinking*too

Heres*to*the*future.*Whatever*it*may*hold!

P.S. Don't know what happened with the text onthe last post. Hope you can read it ok

Advertisement