Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 Golf Versus 04 Astra SXi...advice for buying

Options
  • 10-05-2010 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Any advice,

Looking for a 1.4 hatchback, man car but with bit of room in the back for bike and fishing gear etc. budget in and around 6 grand. Have it down to two cars, both 04s and 1.4 hatchbacks.

Trading in against 99 ford fiesta

Golf comfort....45K miles, good nick but marine blue...6.5 K asking price

Astra SXi....61K miles, black sports edition, cool enough but not as good a nick

What do ye reckon? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Neither car in 1.4 litre form will set the world on fire but the Astra has more go in it than the Golf. I would say the 1.4 litre in the Astra is also a more reliable engine than the 1.4 litre in the Golf.

Also why limit yourself to those 2 particular cars, if one is not tidy then find another one that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would say the 1.4 litre in the Astra is also a more reliable engine than the 1.4 litre in the Golf.

I dunno about that....:rolleyes:

Advertisement