Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole after undergard before masters in september?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

As the title suggest I was wondering if anyone knows my entitlement to the dole.

I am finishing my undergrad degree this month and am doing a masters in September

So can I claim the dole (or anything else for that matter) for the summer?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

Penisland wrote: »
    As the title suggest I was wondering if anyone knows my entitlement to the dole.

I am finishing my undergrad degree this month and am doing a masters in September

So can I claim the dole (or anything else for that matter) for the summer?

Cheers

Are you allowed get BTEA for a masters ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

It depends. You are probably eligible to apply, but you'll have to be available to take up work during the summer and be actively looking for it. College will need to give a letter to you confirming that you're finished.

Dole comes in two flavours. Jobseeker's benefit requires that you made enough PRSI payments in the relevant tax year (which is 2008). If you didn't, you can't claim benefit. Jobseeker's allowance does not require PRSI payments, but it is means tested. If you're living with parents or a partner, their income will come into the calculation.

Advertisement