Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb.ie - black

Options
  • 10-05-2010 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Here is my story.

I was a customer with Digiweb for long time.
    Then I found a cheaper and better hosting option, so I cancelled all my hosting plans with them and moved to another provider.
    They issued me an invoice for the whole year per each plan (there were a few)
    I requested a recalculation of that invoice and to have every service listed on it. Basically I asked for a detailed invoice. They never got back to me.
    I had to send at least 5 more emails and requests like that. I called their customer care, got a few staff member's emails whom I sent a copy of previous emails. I even got replies saying "we'll sort it and get back to you" (they acknowledged the receipt of my previous correspondence)
    Again, they never did.

Few month later, Digiweb hired a debt collector to take money from me without replying to my emails.
    A few days ago they suspended my domains without any notification even that it says that domain are automatically renewed unless otherwise stated in their terms & conditions.

They ignore my emails. Today one of their customer reps told me that they will not speak to me at all. And if I want to sort something, all the communication has to be done via debt collector.

The thing is that I have a few of my clients domain registered with Digiweb. They were disabled as well. So I end up with a client's website which is down for 3 days.
    I can't wait until this is sorted out so I paid to the debt collector. I still don't have an invoice saying what I actually paid for. But I can't afford to lose a few customers. I need the service resumed asap.
    Some of the domains expired, some were not. None of them work at the moment.

Now I wonder if I can take a legal action against Digiweb for doing this to me.
    They never sent me a letter or an email saying that I need to renew something or if they were going to suspend anything.

Any comments are welcome :)

P.S.
    The sites are live again after paying the debt collector. The same day result. One positive thing today :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you please perhaps use some paragraphs in your post, so as to help us better understand the issue?

Thanks

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

I assume, Digiweb found out that the payment has gone thru. So they enabled the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thats bad form alright. I use another leading Irish Provider and I find they don't care that much about us small fries when you ask for invoices etc because they make so little out of us. If it went down as you say, then I would write a strongly worded letter to the Customer Services manager and not sure if small claims court would be recourse here as you had to pay the only person who would deal with you (debt collector) to basically avoid loosing customers.
    Would move all my domains elsewhere mate

That's the plan.
    But they woudn't let me transfer them before I pay, I was told by Digiweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Look after your website and your customers website's first and foremost. Do not attempt any legal fracas with them until you have safely moved all content to another host and severed any ties that could impact your business. In short make sure they have no hold over you. Then take legal action I guess. Would this be a small claims court issue?

• Advertisement

I need to get a deailed invoice from them 1st to find out if they overcharged me.
    Then if I am still angry, I might complain and try to get compensation for 3-day-out-of-service experience.

Don't think it's a very strong case. But I don't want to let them get away with such attitude. After I closed about 4 hosting plans with them and stopped paying they stopped looking after me as a customer even knowing that I still have 10 domains with them...

Advertisement