Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a decent Digital Camera......

Options
  • 10-05-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Requirements:
    Compact Camera (Not SLR)
    AA batteries (or AA Rechargeable into it & Plug ... Left charging cradle for camera at home last year (but rememberd adapter) and was in trouble)
    8+ MegaPixel
    Video recording
    SD card by preference
    Not too Expensive

Just general holiday photographs, don't really care about anything too fancy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Kodak Easyshare C913. It's a 9MP camera that runs on AA batteries and takes decent snaps. I bought one for my mum (her first digital camera) about a year ago and it was well under a hundred Euro then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Canon A480. Good quality images and camera for the price. Will work with http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK if you ever want more advanced features (manual exposure, live histograms, bracketing, raw files, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Ooh, AA batteries... :confused:

(yeah, no, I read why, I just used to find they'd run out so fast in a camera. I just think it'd be easier (and cheaper) to make a habit of tying the power cord to your wrist...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Cameras tend to zap normal AA batteries pretty quickly, so they can really only be used as a short term solution. If you get a camera like the one I mentioned, you will realistically have to use rechargeable AA batteries anyway.

Advertisement