Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Stewart

Options
  • 10-05-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

does anyone if he is still playing around Dublin at all?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 schmoohawk

Not for a while...would be fantastic if he had a regular gig. Makes me regret not seeing him play more often when he was playing regular gigs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cirkumflexjohn

he used to play every sunday in le cirk. was a great gig. amazing to see such a legend in such a nice little venue every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 franamico

The last time I saw him he was playing a gig at "Le Basement".

He does long tours...so we might see him again anytime

just announced...he's taking up a new Sunday residency at the Odessa Club this week....hooray!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

schmoohawk wrote: »
    just announced...he's taking up a new Sunday residency at the Odessa Club this week....hooray!!!

Well spotted that man!!
    Go there folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Best of luck to Louis as he commences a new Dublin Sunday afternoon residency.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Louis is also doing a night in Carluccio's Caffe on Dawson Street. I think its Thursday but I'll walk by there and report more properly. Just saw the sandwich board yesterday.

Not sure if my information is correct....I read it in one of those free papers you pick up around town ..maybe Totally Dublin. Can anyone tell me if this information is correct?I know the Odessa is a private club so that might explain why it hasn't appeared in Irish Times (if it indeed is true!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thought you guys would be interested. Got an email today saying that a new jazz venue was opening up. It is called "The Dark Horse" ( formally "The White Horse" ) on Geroges Quay (beside Tara St Dart station). Louis Stewart is there this Sunday July 18 from 5.30 till 8.30 (doors open @ 5.00 pm ). Admission 10 euro.

Just saw him playing with the boy wonder Andreas Varady at Sligo Jazz ...it was a sweet gig..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeaMusic

I just checked out the Dark Horse on Georges Quay, so Louis is still playing a regular gig there, here is a useful link: http://entertainment.ie/venue_information/The-Dark-Horse-Inn/41694.htm
    Enjoy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Rigsby wrote: »
    Thought you guys would be interested. Got an email today saying that a new jazz venue was opening up. It is called "The Dark Horse" ( formally "The White Horse" ) on Geroges Quay (beside Tara St Dart station). Louis Stewart is there this Sunday July 18 from 5.30 till 8.30 (doors open @ 5.00 pm ). Admission 10 euro.
    SeaMusic wrote: »
    Further to my last post (five minutes ago ;)) I just checked out the Dark Horse on Georges St, so Louis is playing a regular gig there, here is a useful link: http://entertainment.ie/venue_information/The-Dark-Horse-Inn/41694.htm
    Enjoy!:)

Seems to be some confusion as to where exactly is the "Dark Horse". :confused:

EDIT : I should have looked at your link before posting, SeaMusic. The venue is on George's QUAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Does anyone know if Louis gives guitar lessons?

Given that he's such a national treasure, it'd be great if he was to give online lessons ala Jimmy Bruno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Stags head

Louis Stewart play a residency in The Stag;s Head. Don't miss your chance to see the legend that is Louis Stewart play every Sunday from 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

Stags head wrote: »
    Louis Stewart play a residency in The Stag;s Head. Don't miss your chance to see the legend that is Louis Stewart play every Sunday from 6pm

Thanks Mr Head!!!
    Look forward to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 barrylyons

HI.. Seen Louis upstairs in the stags head on Sundays starting at 6.pm ..great gig well worth a visit to hear one of the greats

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

81178820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

For those who have been, can I ask what time the Stags Head gigs finish up roughly?

Just I have to leave Dublin on Sunday night and was wondering if it was possible to squeeze in the evening gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Does anyone know if hes still playing the staggs head ?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

I cant remember the name of the place but I think he is playing on Thursday nights in a place at the end of Dawson street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

he's a hard man to track down ;)

Love watching him play. He had a residency downstairs in the blue note on capel street, few years ago..was fantastic. Perfect venue for his sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kingofpain

Ollie Dowling wrote in his February totallydublin Jazz column that Stewarts Sunday Stag's Head gig was off - but might return in March

anyone confirm that?

"The Dark Horse" gig also off?

Advertisement