Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost Badge Collecting

Options
  • 10-05-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Heyho,

So, I finally got to 80, and I've spent the last week gearing up:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Garnath

I'm currently running several heroics per night to collect triumph badges, and my two daily frost badges. However, it'll take a long time to collect enough frost badges to buy anything with them - any good suggestions for getting more frost badges faster, or alternate ways to gear up - not sure if my gear is good enough for raiding yet.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Frost badges are rewards from killing bosses in Ice crown citadel (latest raid instance)

You can also get 5 weekly from doing the weekly raid which can be picked up in dalaran outside violet hold, which is fairly easy to do, it will take a fair few weeks before you can get anything with the frost badges if you dont raid ICC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Gz on 80!

All the currencies are a bit of a headwreck in fairness, what was wrong with plain old gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Daily heroic = 14 per week
    ICC 10 (pug? say 4/12 min) = 8 per week (more if you have a better raid)
    ICC 25 (pug? say 4/12 min) = 8 per week (more if you have a better raid)
    VoA 10 (1 boss) = 2 per week
    VoA 20 (1 boss) = 2 per week
    Weekly Raid = 5 per week
    If lucky, ICC weekly 10 = 5 per week
    If lucky, ICC weekly 20 = 5 per week

Think that's right. To be perfectly honest, I don't pay enough attention to emblem drops to care. I'm more interested in winning the fight.

So you have a chance at say approx 40+ emblems a week. With some luck, that can go up to maybe 60, or 70, depending on how good your raid groups are.

Try to get an idea (elitist jerks, RAWR etc) of what gear you want to aim for with your emblems). I don't know hunters enough to comment, but a lot of dps classes get nice upgrades from pvp gear as well, which can drop from VoA, but also can be gotten with honour easily farmed doing the Wintergrasp battles, and all quests from there each week. Even if you do the daily BG till you get your arena points, you can get a lot of gear without needing an arena rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

You just have to keep doing your dailys and weeklys, make sure you get both VoAs done every week too, theres 2 from each :) you get 23 per week without doing icc so in under 3 weeks you should get your first tier piece :D once you get the gear, you can raid icc and the badges start rolling in :D

Start doing the old raids like toc and ony to gradually get better gear.

Theres no quick fix for gear, buy what you can or get it crafted which is usually cheaper. Good luck! :D

Iceman hes a fresh dinged 80 afaik so wont be able to start icc for a week or 2 til he is geared unless he gets boosted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;65813908']Daily heroic = 14 per week
    ICC 10 (pug? say 4/12 min) = 8 per week (more if you have a better raid)
    ICC 25 (pug? say 4/12 min) = 8 per week (more if you have a better raid)
    VoA 10 (1 boss) = 2 per week
    VoA 20 (1 boss) = 2 per week
    Weekly Raid = 5 per week
    If lucky, ICC weekly 10 = 5 per week
    If lucky, ICC weekly 20 = 5 per week

Think that's right. To be perfectly honest, I don't pay enough attention to emblem drops to care. I'm more interested in winning the fight.

So you have a chance at say approx 40+ emblems a week. With some luck, that can go up to maybe 60, or 70, depending on how good your raid groups are.

Try to get an idea (elitist jerks, RAWR etc) of what gear you want to aim for with your emblems). I don't know hunters enough to comment, but a lot of dps classes get nice upgrades from pvp gear as well, which can drop from VoA, but also can be gotten with honour easily farmed doing the Wintergrasp battles, and all quests from there each week. Even if you do the daily BG till you get your arena points, you can get a lot of gear without needing an arena rank.

doh, i forgot about voa and icc weekly :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

When buying your tiered gear avoid gloves and legs until last when going for a set bonus. Both of them drop from Toravon in VoA 10 and 25.

The quickest way to a 2 set bonus is going to be Shoulder + Chest/Helm which cost 60 and 95 badges respectively.

When looking at a 4 set bonus, for most classes the tiered legs can be avoided as a craftable version (in most cases) has better stats and some of the bosses in ICC10 normal mode drop comparable gear, stats wise, to the T10 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Thanks for the feedback guys - lots of ways to grab badges there. My biggest issue (in my mind) is that i'm a n00b to raiding, so I'm afraid to join PUGs in case they boot me when they see my gear (This already happened 1-2 times in heroics - some knob takes a look at my gear, makes a smarmy comment and then leaves...) What raids do you reckon my current gear is OK for, and what's the best way to approach getting into PUG raids?

Edit: think I've answered my own question: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Wildhammer&name=Garnath

It reckons I can handle Naxx10, EoE10 and OS10 - Ulduar 10 may be beyond me right now. Sound right? Where does VoA sit on that scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Thanks for the feedback guys - lots of ways to grab badges there. My biggest issue (in my mind) is that i'm a n00b to raiding, so I'm afraid to join PUGs in case they boot me when they see my gear (This already happened 1-2 times in heroics - some knob takes a look at my gear, makes a smarmy comment and then leaves...) What raids do you reckon my current gear is OK for, and what's the best way to approach getting into PUG raids?

Edit: think I've answered my own question: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Wildhammer&name=Garnath

It reckons I can handle Naxx10, EoE10 and OS10 - Ulduar 10 may be beyond me right now. Sound right? Where does VoA sit on that scale?

AFAIK none raid any of them places anymore, VOA should be easy for you anyways.

Just keep doing your heroics then jump in an ICC 10 or something or some TOC 10's

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firs off well done on getting 80.

The gearing curve is still not an easy task, your going to spend most of your time in heroics ( currently gearing a recently dinged mage)

I have alot of gold and alot of resources but when I did 80 I did the following.

Crafted Bejeweled bracers for wrists
    Crafted Merlins robes for chest
    Cratfed icc264 pants
    Crafted icc264 boots.
    Crafted Ulduar Waist

I know with these four in place, I can gem and enchant them straight away and not worry for some time. The boots and pants are permenant, with the other two being long term items and ahrd enough to replace.

The belt is good until I get 60 badges for my belt

Have a look through atlas loot at ulduar pattern crafted gear. The matts should be relatively low, and the gear will pretty much do you grand until toc25, icc and frost gear.

Other then that mass heroics. Do a list of what you want, in what order you want it and how much it will cost, and thats your goal.

Do your daily every day, gets you 2 frost and 4 triumph roughly in process.
    Do your weekly every week, 5 frost 5 triupmh.
    Try get into a voa10 and 25 on your char, you might get lucky with T10 but you will get luckier running the old fireboss for T9

Unfortunately your going to have to spam heroics until you can get into toc10.

The new heroic dungeons, and toc5 heroic provide some pretty tasty items. If im not mistaken your a hunter, one of the best ar pen trinkets drops from toc5 man heroic, so get grinding.

Let us know how you get on, I'll post a armoury link of my mage and you can see its current gear levelling state.

Kromula - Outland if you want to search

The most ****ed up gear you will ever see

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

some knob takes a look at my gear, makes a smarmy comment and then leaves...)
    Well, you'll have that - not much to do aside from shrug it off and keep moving along
    I have alot of gold and alot of resources but when I did 80 I did the following
    Rich sod xD I could only afford bracers and belt Q.Q
    one of the best ar pen trinkets drops from toc5 man heroic, so get grinding.
    Me thinks the trinket is a TotC-5 normal drop, not HC :P I can't think of any physical DPS trinkets from the Heroic version - I presume Banner of Victory is what you're on about?

Although, if you're in a guild, it would be a massive help - presumably people to queue with, to speed things up, and the possibility for slightly more lax gear requirements for raids although, I wouldn't recommend trying to sneak into raids while being massively undergeared - my Shaman got pulled into doing Iron Council back in 3.1, 15 minutes after dinging 80, and died a good deal :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

What can help with avoiding aggro over your gear in randoms is to tell people you are only 80 a short while and gearing. It is a pain when the undergeared person is a tank / healer but as a DPS your small contribution when gearing is still more then enough.

I have encountered a few people who have admitted off the bat that they are gearing and no one gave them any kind of abuse or threatened them with kicks. Of course you are going to get the keyboard warriors and the 2/3 mates in the same group trying to impress each other by abusing everyone or pissing off people by chain pulling or acting the clown. As a hunter you have a simple solution to that, misdirect them, your party will thank you for it :D

Advertisement