Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for a repeat

Options
  • 10-05-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I repeated this past year and the grants office said that i need to have done a year before i can recieve the grant again, does the year i just did not count as such?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the way i understand it works...

1st year student goes to college, gets the grant, but drops out for what ever reasons.

decides to go back to college again. re-apply's for the grant.
    because they already got the grant for first year, and dropped out, then you are not entitled to get it again for the same year.

as soon as first year is finished, and you start second year, then you can apply to get the grant again, as you have not been funded for a second year in college already.

however, if there is a 5 year gap between when you drop out, and when you start again, you can apply for the grant for the first year. My friend is just after doing this, and was approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

If it was for medical reasons and you have valid certs you can apply for a medical repeat, which should be covered by the grant, but no one knows what is going to happen this coming year yet,get in touch with you grants office. If you left for no reason then you are on your own.

Advertisement