Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaking rad.

• 10-05-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    the shut-off valve on one of my rads is leaking from the top, the internal seal appears to be gone. If I close it completely the leak stops. The system is pessurised. My question is how do I go about replacing this? Must I drain the system and will the pressure be lost or can the pressure vessel be isolated? How is the system recharged if it must be drained? I really can't afford a plumber at the moment and would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

More than likely leaking from the gland nut. This is just under the spindle.
    In the picture it is red.
    Tighten this and that should do it.

radiator-valve-gland-nut-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Notanumber

Thank you very kindly, worked a treat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

nice one micky!

Advertisement