Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting rid of oil

• 10-05-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

I think this is probably the best place to ask this question, if not feel free to move. Parents recently changed to gas heating from oil. We burned of most of the left over oil by running the boiler till it would run no more however as the outlet from tank is not right at the bottom we are still left with a fair bit of oil in tank. So I'm looking for advice how to get rid of it, getting it out of tank isn't so much the problem as what to do with it then. As its the dredges from the bottom of tank would be unsuitable to be put in another tank. And as far as I am aware recycling centers don't take it, they only take used engine oil would it be ok to put in with that. Finally any advice how to get rid of the tank its a big old metal one so only really suitable for scrap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If no one can take the oil to use, it would be hard to offload it. Last resort you would have to pay a crowd to take it off your hands like enva but thats not going to be cheap.

You could advertise the tank on adverts free section - > http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Do you parents have neighbours or friends they could give it too?

Advertisement