Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong exam number?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Hope yous can help. I sat an exam with last years student card on Friday (lost my wallet therefore id the ight before-typical!) and entered the exam number on that. Its only now that I realised it is a different number to my current student card. How much of a problem is this and should I contact someone?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,294 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is the 5-digit exam number? I don't know if they carry over from year to year like your ID number, but assuming nobody else made a similar mistake, then they can work out that its you by deduction or checking your seat number. However, I would suggest you raise it with the exams office (Front Square) and/or you course director.

You might get a new ID card. I can't remember the office name (perhaps the registration office?) but they are in Front Arch. Charge of about €6. Any problems ask security. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Thanks Victor!

I got a new card in the afternoon and the exam number isnt the same (therefore not carried over from year to year unfortunately!). I also signed my name/student number on the anonymous marking foldover bit, however I dunno if thy are allowed check that or what? Assuming they can if the exam no is wrong?

Ill raise it with the exams office folk and hope its not a big deal (think I did quite well in the exam,wanna get credit for it! :P )

Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

If I recall correctly from invigilators talking to people at the end of an exam, if you have the correct seat number on your script, they should be able to trace it back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When I was leaving my first exam I told the invigilator I didn't know my exam number, she didn't say where it was, she just said she'd fill it in from my seat number, so get onto the exams office but once you raise the problem it should be easy to sort out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

Azureus wrote: »
    Hey,

Hope yous can help. I sat an exam with last years student card on Friday (lost my wallet therefore id the ight before-typical!) and entered the exam number on that. Its only now that I realised it is a different number to my current student card. How much of a problem is this and should I contact someone?

Thanks!

It would help if you contacted the departmental office for the department to whom the scripts are going. They are the people that will have to sort out the identity of the candidate behind mislabelled or unlabelled anonymous scripts! If you let the executive officer know the paper (e.g., by specifying the relevant code) and the incorrect anonymous exam number you used, then it would probably help in sorting things out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I emailed the examinations department, who quickly replied and told me it was no bother and that I could be identified by my seat number, but to email my department with the info (ie number entered and correct number) as the scripts had already been collected from the examinations office, and that it should be no problem whatsoever.

Have to commend the examinations department on their speedy response and for putting my mind at ease! Usually waiting for days before I hear from college tutors/IS Services etc so it was nice I gotta say.

Thanks for all your replies!

Advertisement