Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, May 11th @19:15 in Wes 2 - Boardeaux V Glenwood Rovers

Options
  • 09-05-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - Inj
    Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - Inj
    Keith - exams
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - In
    Conor - away
    Eoin - Inj
    Gav - In
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - In
    Dave - In
    Jules - In

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm a no for this and the next league game due to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Sorry lads I am out for this one also, will be away until Thursday, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In like Flynn

EDIT: Available for Friday too

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

i am in for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I should be in for this, can't confirm until tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I picked up another groin strain so im gonna miss these matches, might be back next week but most likely 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

been away for last 3 days, so only back online now.

will be over to watch, but best if i dont play. leg has improved this week,but dont think i will be ready for friday, but will see. am away then next few weeks for hols and work anyway so ideally if its not right for friday, i have 2/3 weeks then of total rest on it and it should be ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best of luck lads

4-2 win, ropey start saw us 2-0 down, but going forward we were always the better team and from once the first we went in, we always looked like scoring everytime we attacked. hit the post 2 times. overall, deserved win, but a super save with about 3 minutes left from clay prevented a nervous ending.

massive game next week. a win puts us right back in it.

• Advertisement

Nice comeback lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nice comeback lads!

you won't believe this, but Kenny got a hat-trick :D

Including one lob over the keeper from the halfway line near the touchline.

Des wrote: »
    you won't believe this, but Kenny got a hat-trick :D

Including one lob over the keeper from the halfway line near the touchline.
    You're right Des, I wont!

We obviously had a banger down on the team sheet as Kenny!
    That was a cross :D
    Showing plenty of fight, good to see!

Looks like Roys beat Ket 3-1 I think

SS were playing Templeogue after us

We are the top scorers in the league unless SS get 6 or Templogue get 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Great comeback lads. Team ethic was fabulous tonight, lots of talking and we could've had more than 4 and not have been flattered. The referee didn't give us much joy and I don't know how he saw that elbow as unintentional :(

Looks like Roys beat Ket 3-1 I think

Interesting, actually just realised next week is the RR game, i was sure it was FBM :mad:

Interesting, actually just realised next week is the RR game, i was sure it was FBM :mad:

it was, c*nts changed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great win lads even if we made it a bit hairy for ourselves in the last few minutes.

it was, c*nts changed it.

not recently they didn't, I haven't changed the fixture sticky at the top of the forum since the first week of the season.

not recently they didn't, I haven't changed the fixture sticky at the top of the forum since the first week of the season.

hmmm dunno, remember after we lost the 2 games, we said we needed to get 3 wins in a row before we played the roys and kets to have any chance and the FBMs were the 3rd team in that 3.

just looking now, ss rovers lost too last nite so last 2 weeks of results have been super for us after 2 disaster weeks. theres going to be points dropped everywhere between here and the end of the year. if we win our next 2 games v roys and kets, we have a great chance.

we are not quite firing on all guns yet, but we can get there. huge game next week, biggest so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 TevezAnto

Well lads, really great result last night... for me of course the result mattered but more importantly how we responded to going to down..

Kenny Lambe with a hat-trick "what the f**K" :) we really could have beaten them alot more woodwork saved them a few things (twice from myself) and I am sure we hit it again? Also, HANDBALL REF that time I turned and shot... clear as daylight... all in all great nights work at the office and lets look forward to Tuesdays game!

TevezAnto wrote: »
    , HANDBALL REF that time I turned and shot... clear as daylight!

the only saving thing from this was we scored about 5 seconds later, they cleared it and kenny sent it back in, straight in.:pac:

Really good to see the patience displayed, once again. I think everyone is taking to the system we've been trying to implement for two and a half seasons or more really well now.

The two full backs getting the ball up the pitch early to the forwards, even if the forwards don't cleanly win the ball, which in about 60% of times they won't, given the nature of the pitches, it forces the defenders into a clearance, which our midfield is well placed to win and we start to build from the middle. I'd still like to see quicker balls from the midfielders, but that's a minor thing for now.

The percentages say that the more time the ball is in the opposition half the more chances we'll have to play balls into the box or take shots from distance. The more chances you create, the more goals you score. The amount of time the game is played in the opposition half is directly proportional to the amount of goalscoring chances you create. Conversely, this means that the ball is not in our half, and the amount chances that the opposition can create are limited too.

We are seeing the results of this now. We have scored more goals than any other team in the league after 5 games. This is simply because we are creating more chances than we ever have before. Even last night, we hit the woodwork twice, or three times. That's seven clear goalscoring chances we created.

In the game where we had ten men, this tactic of trying to play in the opposition half very nearly paid off. Anyone watching that game from after Cathal walked wouldn't have thought we had only ten men.

Another thing I'm impressed with is the fight and spirit in the team. It's always been there with us, but in that 2-1 loss and in last night's game at 2-0 down, the heads didn't drop. Everyone believes in the way we play, everyone knows that if we stick to the system, then we'll more than likely create the chances to score the goals to let us get a result. We have to keep on with the system, keep pressing high, keep delivering balls to the forwards, keep winning the clearances, keep creating chances, keep scoring goals.

Another thing. We've 14 goals so far. 8 of them have come from forwards, which is good, it's why they are in the team, but importantly 6 of them have come from other parts of the pitch. This shows, to me, that because we are pressing so far up the pitch that half clearances are falling to our midfielders and they are taking chances too.

Advertisement