Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered a twin room, does that imply shared?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

So on Friday I was offered a twin room in (the unrefurbished part of) New Square. Assuming immediately that this meant it was a shared room I fired back a you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me reply on Friday evening (so no response as of yet).

My flatmate is of the opinion that it isn't shared however, that they've "stopped doing that" and I'll just have two beds to myself.

The email and attached room-offer gave no indication either way, nor does the accommodation website. So I thought I'd check with you fine people here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    So on Friday I was offered a twin room in (the unrefurbished part of) New Square. Assuming immediately that this meant it was a shared room I fired back a you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me reply on Friday evening (so no response as of yet).

My flatmate is of the opinion that it isn't shared however, that they've "stopped doing that" and I'll just have two beds to myself.

The email and attached room-offer gave no indication either way, nor does the accommodation website. So I thought I'd check with you fine people here.

Judging by halls, a twin room would mean two beds, 2 people ya.

But out here they wont put you in one unless you applied for it generally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Openmp

Been in a good few rooms in New Square facing onto the rugby pitch. All were shared, although the rooms are quite large.

You were SU Education Officer at one stage, weren't you? Perhaps they don't like your political opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

I don't think people ever apply for the twin rooms on campus so they just put one person in the twin rooms. There was at least one twin room left totally empty this year and I think the rest just had one person per room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Openmp wrote: »
    You were SU Education Officer at one stage, weren't you? Perhaps they don't like your political opinions.

Yep, Myth/Dónal and ApeX are the same person. Giant conspiracy. Tell noone!

I know people who shared a twin room in New Square (like, two beds in one room, bathroom between everyone on their floor) in 08/09, but they applied together. Either way, wouldn't think it at all unlikely that TCD Accommodation had lumped you in with a stranger while leaving better rooms empty. Their bizarre esoteric system of weirdness has thrown up stranger results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

ApeXaviour wrote: »

I actually wouldnt give up hope totally. I happen to know someone in the unrefurbished rooms in new square who had a twin room this year but had it alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Anyone who can shed further light on this matter please do so. 3 friends and I applied together and were all offered front square (House 7). The two girls were offered (separate) twins rooms. Their decision to accept or not hinges on whether they are going to be sharing with randomers or have the rooms to themselves.

So as I said, if anyone has any further info - please share! Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I have a friend who was in one of those rooms, she had it to herself.

Would it be worth ringing the accommodation office to find out? They can't be finished for the summer, because they rent out rooms during the summer as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Accom office just confirmed, it's single occupancy.

Openmp wrote: »
    shay_562 wrote: »
    Yep, Myth/Dónal and ApeX are the same person. Giant conspiracy. Tell noone!

Hah, that's mad ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Dónal wrote: »
    Hah, that's mad ted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement