Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2.0tdi(bkd) 140 turbo help

Options
  • 09-05-2010 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello,

I got my car recently remapped 2007 2.0tdi from 140 to 186bhp.There is only 29,000 miles on it too.

I noticed since the remap I heard a slight siren noise on acceleration and deceleration from 1,100 rpms up to 2,500rpms getting louder on load whilst decreasing in noise when released. Even at idle reving the engine it can be heard. 3 days after this the noise got considerably louder after a spin up and back from Galway.

There is no loss of power it pulls strong,no white smoke,no oil loss,no blue smoke, no mpg loss just this noise since the remap. Im getting worried its the turbo:(:mad:

My questions are;

1)Anyone now what this is?Is it the turbo going?

2)Could someone please recommend an independent garage with expertise in diesel turbos

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That's a biggish remap, usually it's a remap of 10% bhp and 20% torque. Have you tried listening to the engine with the bonnet open and having someone rev the car? You might be able to pinpoint a split vacuum hose or something. A siren noise sounds odd. At those map levels you'd really need a boost gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Friend had the same noise for about 2 weeks on his 2005 TDI Golf..... right before his Turbo blew on the motorway. The car was not remapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colinh

I know its quite a hike but the car at standard was putting out 155bhp and 270lbs torque.

Any independent garages recommended to have a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Who did the mapping?? What do they have to say ??

Advertisement