Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoney Grey Soil

Options
  • 09-05-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all-I'm lookin for some suggestions. I have a field (about half an acre) which I need to mow.The problem is previously there was a horse in the field who kept the weeds,grass etc under control.The horse is no longer there and the vegetation is getting out of hand.The land is very uneven and full of stones so at the moment so I cannot bring a mower in there. Any suggestions about bringing it under control. I was thinking of renting a heavy duty strimmer and clearing away as much vegetation as possible.Then i may be able to clear the land of the biggest of the stones and maybe use a mower.
    Is this the best solution and if so where can i rent a heavy duty strimmer in Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Rent out a jcb for the day and strip off the top of the soil?

Advertisement