Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote Start?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Im looking to put a remote start into my car. Iv looked everywere on the net for one , alls i found were alarms with remote start. im looking for just the remote start with no alarm as i already have one!
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

coolkidd wrote: »
    Im looking to put a remote start into my car. Iv looked everywere on the net for one , alls i found were alarms with remote start. im looking for just the remote start with no alarm as i already have one!
    any ideas?

well dont know much about it being separate, thought on mine car i got turbo timer/alarm/remote start in one. I pressume you can get them separate bud, but i really dont think it will much cheaper then alarm/remote start bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭coolkidd

well dont know much about it being separate, thought on mine car i got turbo timer/alarm/remote start in one. I pressume you can get them separate bud, but i really dont think it will much cheaper then alarm/remote start bundle.

Where did you get yours??

Where did you get yours??

was already on car m8, somewhere in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should be able to get remote start separately but you'll probably have to go into someone that deals with alarms to ask about it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

• Advertisement

just on topic. Is there a seriuos reason you need that, or just for showing off? :D

As i find it extreamly usefull! Specially when i work early in the morning ( its so damn cold), i just start the car by looking through window :o. So its nice and warmed up for me :D

Its so funny to start car, while someone is watching it, scared a few people like that allready :D

Thanks for the replies lads, keep them comin.

Ye its realy just for the cold mornins, but im sure i will be showing it off for the first while when its still new to me :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Be aware of the security issues though, with a remote start an immobilizer will be bypassed if there is one on the car making it much easier to steal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What alarm have you got? Clifford do aftermarket r/s for there own alarms, but you can get a stand alone start unit on ebay or the likes although it would be awkward to interface it with the alarm thats already there.

I've fitted R/S and had it on my own car before and honestly can say its the biggest waste ever! The amount of cold mornings you will actually use it you could count on one hand, the novelty factor wears off quick enough. I always told this to anyone I fitted it for and after awhile they agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Also....make sure you're car is in neutral when you park, and that your handbrake works ;)

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    What alarm have you got? Clifford do aftermarket r/s for there own alarms, but you can get a stand alone start unit on ebay or the likes although it would be awkward to interface it with the alarm thats already there.

I've fitted R/S and had it on my own car before and honestly can say its the biggest waste ever! The amount of cold mornings you will actually use it you could count on one hand, the novelty factor wears off quick enough. I always told this to anyone I fitted it for and after awhile they agreed!

emmm have you been here last winter? I am finding it extremly handy, Specially when you have to be at work 7:00 in the morning.

I did not had it on mine old car, so going to car park and sitting theere in -10 was amazing experience....

I have the Echo alarm by omega,, decent alarm with two way pager. Was checkin out their stuff and it says they do a add on remote start but the web page is expired when I try to follow up on it!
    Anyone know if the cheap ones on ebay are decent ??

Can anyone tell me if this would work on a honda integra DC5 (jap import) ?

http://www.lesscoelectronics.com/SCYTEK_RS300_RS_300_KEYLESS_REMOTE_AUTO_START_p/scytek%20rs300%20%20rs-300.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Can anyone tell me if this would work on a honda integra DC5 (jap import) ?

http://www.lesscoelectronics.com/SCYTEK_RS300_RS_300_KEYLESS_REMOTE_AUTO_START_p/scytek%20rs300%20%20rs-300.htm

If you don't have an rfid chip in your key and the product isn't crap then yes.

Never heard or seen one but i work on the principle of doing it on the cheap usually means you pay twice.

Advertisement