Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primera car keys problem!

Options
  • 09-05-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

We were all getting ready today to go out for a spin and as i pressed the key to open the door it wouldn't work! I could see it was locking the car(the lock lights showed) but not opening it. My husband changed the battery on it and it still wont work.:( I dont have a spare set of keys and Im in an awful predicament. I havent a clue as to what to do next or who to call? Any advice most welcome!! Thanks..

BTW its an 02 nissan primera automatic, any other info needed just ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Try it with the key. Think the passenger side door has a place for it. You might need to remove a little plastic flap

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

I just did that, thank a million btw, never knew it could be opened that way! Now, the key turns the ignition but only a seatbelt sign is displayed! Im puzzled now as to why it wont start the car!:( Anyone Pleasee any ideas??

Also when we're trying to start it, it's making a noise like an indicator sound. Does the key need to be reprogrammed? or would a jumpstart do it, although my husband doesn't want to jumstart it just incase something went wrong.. Anyone any help or ideas pleasee!

My dad had bad immobilizer problems from new with one of them (an 03). I believe Nissan know a fix for this. Can't remember the exact details but the fathers car was back about once a month for the first year. Left him stranded for hours other times before it would start.

There was also a recall on a crank positioning sesnsor which caused starting problems. Disaster of a car imo

Thanks for your help EPM! Im just wondering as to who to call for this now? I know the key is faulty, well i mean it wont work at all, it turns around in the gig but thats about it.. It wont open the door, we used your method to get into the car. also its an automatic.. do you think an auto locksmith would be able to fix the problem or could it be a mechanical fault thats why its not starting? Not even the radio will come on?:confused:
    Tempted to jumpstart it, but a little afriad of blowing the engine or something..

• Advertisement

Someone suggested I change the car battery. I will try this tommorow as its too dark now, with a bit of luck i'll get it going:confused: I'll post what happens with it tommorow incase anyone else has a similiar problem!

There's a guy on here sometimes that knows his Nissans. Nissan Tech or something like that. Might be worth searching for and sending a PM...

EPM wrote: »
    There's a guy on here sometimes that knows his Nissans. Nissan Tech or something like that. Might be worth searching for and sending a PM...

That sounds like a great idea, thanks a mill for all your help! I'll see if i can access that tech part now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nissan Doctor is his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

Sounds like a flat battery the central locking wont work if it's flat
    and it will make a clicking sound when you try start it.

• Advertisement

AL 555 wrote: »
    Sounds like a flat battery the central locking wont work if it's flat
    and it will make a clicking sound when you try start it.

Do you know im really beginning to thinks thats what it is(Please God thats all it is!!), i did have a few problems in the past with my car battery, but that was only when leaving the radio running for awhile with the engine off, but still it is pointing to the car battery! I just hope i didn't screw up the keys now:o I tried the method of putting the key in & out 6times in 10 seconds, so hopefully didnt screw anything up there. I'll try the battery tommorow morning. I have a golf there too, Im sure the battery out of that will do/fit. Thanks everyone for the kind help!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CleanSheet

Same happened with my Almera on Fri! Wouldnt open hada get someone to drive me to me house to get spare key!

No notice of it going and cant open door with the actual key..

a shambles bill, a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CleanSheet

Did u try a hot towel and some honey? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kqcregg

Had a similar problem on an 01 Primera. Indicators would flash. Central locking would flick closed open when trying to start. Once the battery was changed it was fine.

Just a little update! Went out this morning & jump started it & it's up and running grand!:) I cant believe it was only a car battery!:o Thanks a million for all the help you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

:D Good Stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kentoher

if you call this fella his name is graham 0876620622 they have a fully moblie service www.autolockandhouse.com

Advertisement