Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reinstalling windows vista

Options
  • 09-05-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

have just bought an external hard drive so in the process of saving all my documents and videos onto it before i reinstall vista. just did a quick google search on how to do this and alot of sites seem to say you need a windows disc but i don't have this at all. is there another way around this??? also will the sound and graphics be alright if i reinstall (saw something on another thread mentioning this).
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

if you didnt get a disc with your computer when purchased , your hd should have a recovery portion , and also an option to back up to disc ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

haven't a clue what that means anto but sounds good! so do you think i can just fire away and reinstall it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

if you made a back up disc or have a vista disc you can,
    try borow a friend disc and use your license to register it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

cheers fella, will try and get it off a buddy so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Check your C: drive for a folder with all of your drivers and software. You may or may not have it, but if you do, back it up too. It will make your life a lot easier after any reinstall. Though if you are just performing a manufacture/factory restore, all that should be taken care of already for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement