Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmail chat - 1 way audio

Options
  • 09-05-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey gang
    hope yer all well.

i got a call from my dad last night saying that his windows 7 laptop is not allowing him to be heard at the other end, when he is in an audio chat over gmail chat.

I accessed teh computer over logmein, and installed a voip client - voipstunt, and made a call to my mobile phone number, and there was no problem.

so the issue has to be related to gmail chat or even the web browser.

To rule out the web browser, i tried it on google chrome and Firefox, and still nothing.

I also reinstalled gmail chat installation: http://www.google.com/chat/video

still nothing, no difference, what could this issue be related to?

Its a dell laptop, brand new, with windows 7 installed.

I have also tried contacting another laptop, in case that the issue related to my computer at the other side, but still no difference.

any help on this issue would be great

thanks very much,
    Ed

Advertisement