Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting to college! Fetac route

Options
  • 09-05-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, last year I didn't get enough points to do the course I wanted and so decided I'd try the fetac route, but it looks like I won't have enough distinctions for the course I want (it's in childcare and early learning). I really want to get into college and I really want to do this course. Does anyone know of any other options I have? Obviously the CAO decisions aren't back and the fetac decisions aren't here either, but I'm starting to worry now, I don't want to be left without a place in college!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

You might have to consider either doing a slightly different course with lower points, doing that course at a lower level and moving up later (cert. instead of diploma, or dip. instead of degree). Alternately, there are always a number of "free" CAO places in various courses each year - ones with no points requirement, just matriculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

You might have to consider either doing a slightly different course with lower points, doing that course at a lower level and moving up later (cert. instead of diploma, or dip. instead of degree). Alternately, there are always a number of "free" CAO places in various courses each year - ones with no points requirement, just matriculation.

How do I find out about these courses with no points requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

After the CAO's Round 1 offer, they're advertised on the CAO website (www.cao.ie) as "Vacant Places". Anyone who's already made a CAO application can apply for one for free. Even if you haven't made a CAO application, you can apply by paying an application fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Have you considered starting at level 6 and working your way up?

Advertisement