Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To LTNT or not?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

So final round in V.102 next week , I'm in 2nd and playing first next week, not sure to LTNT to 'gaurantee' top spot (I'd be reasonably confident of that) or play normally (and keep LTNT for the playoffs) and run the risk of finishing 3rd, how important is home advantage v LTNT for the playoffs?

I really don't want to finish 3rd cos the Tigers look to be carving up the league and I'm lucky to be where I am above them!
    Can you play LTNT 2 games in a row?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I dont think it would be advisable...

Looking at your league, the Tigers have the points next week in the bag, their playing at bot...

If I were you I'd probably look to win the battles that give you a better chance of cash... So I'd play Normal intensity on Saturday, take what ever result comes, but come Friday week (playoff semi) LTNT the Tigers/Dufferin, it would give you your best chance to get into the Final and then probably LTNT that on saturday again. In the documentation is says your team can play to a higher capacity in the playoffs, rather than in the normal season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I would agree with satory above, do not ltnt this week, not only will you not have enough then for both playoff games but your players will be exhausted going into the playoffs which is two games in a row so I would advise normal if squad is fresh and if not WNWIM, a combo of rested players and LTNT is better than a tired squad at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Thanks for the advice guys, it seems to have paid off!!
    Sorry to wreck yer heads with Q's, but 1st season jitters and all are gettin to me, managed to finish 1st so home semi (playing normal though it still took a lot outta some players!) and I'm playing Dufferin who obviously played LTNT this weekend with his 1st team. Now he's left with a bunch of 2nd teamers who are in Admirable/Reputable form with Perfect energy (his 1st team are massive but kncakered now!) so I'm wondering what the line between Form & Energy v Actual Skills is?

Would Perfect Form and Energy on what I can only presume are his sh1t players rank higher than Average-Decent Form & Energised-Pumped Energy
    on my 1st choice positions?

Like do ya reckon I should LTNT just cos it's a semi or play normally (at home) on the basis that he's got a 2nd string team and keep full LTNT for the final (a little presumptous), or should I LTNT Friday AND Saturday (I'll def need it Saturday)

Damn, now my heads wrecked :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

:)

Dont worry I was in the same boat last season, only had started playing during week 7 and managed to somehow bring my team into the playoffs, scrapping 4th on the final weekend...

Looking at Dufferin's team Im amazed that he LTNT'd against a bot. he was sure to win even on WNWIM, and now he's got a few tired/weary/exasperated players around that squad...

Some of the other guys here have more experience but I would probably rest all my first team training on the tuesday and LTNT both games....

I know myself (V.5), im probably going to play normally on the friday as im playing Nastic Bru, who actually managed to lose to a bot at the start of the season :eek: and then play in the league in the final LTNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm in a vaguely similar position to dufferin (though i'm farther behind the league leader in quality), and i'll be taking a probable third over an unlikely first. In dufferin's position, the decision should be even more clear - he can't win the league. Even if he were to beat you LTNT, his players would drop dead before halftime in the final.

That said, he might be the most dangerous kind of manager, the one who doesn't have a clue :eek:

Edit: Nevermind, I was mistaken. Looks like he's a mentalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Edit: Nevermind, I was mistaken. Looks like he's a mentalist.

Sorry for the off topic post, but that just reminded me of that alan partridge episode.

Advertisement