Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO over Dublin Sunday may 9th

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

First time I have ever posted here but I am currently out on my deck (12.26pm) and I am looking at a UFO....

Living in Grand Canal Dock by Borrow street and I am looking into the north west (310 degree by my iPhone compass) and there is a red/black/white object floating there. Took some pics with my camera and will try put them up but can some have a look outside and tell me if they can see it.

Its the strangest thing... its just floating there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

not to sound like a looper but I saw something simular last night around 2:30am on the M50 by Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

uploading some pictures there now. I took an iPhone video but its to far away to make out anything with no zoom.

http://picasaweb.google.com/113457595904531334681/UFO#

The pictures shows it to be more a black/purple colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Keep in mind that if it is not zig zagging and is usually going in a straight line and is getting smaller to the naked eye and disappears within 20 minutes it is more likely a Chinese floating lantern. They are very popular but only burn for about 20 minutes.
    Tom.

im going to go with novelty hot air balloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

i'm thinking some kind of kite... maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

phill106 wrote: »

Thats a CGI UFO and It also has "Cadbury Snacks" written on the side of it. Bit of a giveaway but I doubt what the OP had reported has anything to do with chocolate considering Cadburys say "find out missing ufo online and be in with a chance"

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

There's a big thread in the After Hours forum about signs and portents seen last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

A few of those pictures look like it could be some sort of hawk or bird of prey. They often hover over areas of grass land.

The first picture i thought it was an insect. Deffiently no chinese lantern ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Oh my god this is SOOOOOOOOO blatently a kite. Its kite shaped, Kite coloured but simply has a long string attached to it.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks a lot like the kites they use near where I live to go kite surfing by the sea. Maybe one broke away or something.

Photo of Kite:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stfphotoagency/4089857842/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stfphotoagency/4089091791/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Its a kite, would you like it to be a UFO?

colly10 wrote: »
    Its a kite, would you like it to be a UFO?

Alien invasion and the end of the world would really put an end to this recession and constant monotony.

So ... yes I would like it to be a UFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

It might still be aliens... They're just lulling us into a false sense of security with kites before all the probing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Grimes wrote: »
    Alien invasion and the end of the world would really put an end to this recession and constant monotony.

So ... yes I would like it to be a UFO.

watch out they are coming soon to a place near you:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

There's been alot of kite surfing down on Sandymount beach for the last few days, most likely come from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My money is also on a kite surfing kite

kite+surf+a1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

I saw it from Greenhills. It looked like it was over the Ballymount/M50 area heading northish.

I'd put money on it being one of these a bit deflated:
    25-2705901iSPA70UC501966M.jpg
    Now half price at your local Argos;)

Advertisement