Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test and pregnant

Options
  • 09-05-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

6 months pregnant and would like to have the driving test passed before the baby arrives .

What do ye think here - should we apply for the test now or wait until after the birth ?

If applied now - it would probably mean taking the test at around 8 months pregnant

anyone been in this situation before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'd wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Use it to your advantage,depending on the corrector,they might be more lenient to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Or not. In the university we used to have a couple of female professors who detested pregnant students with a passion (one was an old spinster and another one just could not have a baby herself). :( You never know your luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'd apply now. The test isn't going to be any easier when you are permanently sleep deprived ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

6 months pregnant and would like to have the driving test passed before the baby arrives .

What do ye think here - should we apply for the test now or wait until after the birth ?

You wont pass before the baby's born if you don't apply until after! :p

If you do it now, depending where you apply, you might be three months or more waiting. I applied the end of March and still haven't even got a date yet. You don't want to be going into labour in the car! I'd wait if it were me. Then again, if I were pregnant, I'd have more to think about than my driving test! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I was told by my instructor that he doesn't like to teach heavily pregnant women because he had one student whose waters broke during the test.
    She reckoned the stress triggered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

if you book now, leave it for a week or so after you get the letter back from them & then ring up looking for a cancleation. if they dont have one that suits you, keep ringing everyday ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd do the test, when the baby is born you won't be able to drive I think for approx 6 weeks...after the 6 weeks you'll really want to be able to drive to have some freedom and get around to places.

If you can get a full licence before all this happens it would work out best for you

Advertisement