Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are resits similar to summer exams?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Well folks,

Just wondering if the repeats are similiar to the summer exams and if they are generally easier by any chance??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Easier in the sense that you get an extra 3 months to study for them, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

And would be familiar with the paper layout and whatnot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Last year they were the same layout for Science anyway. Same standard really I was just more prepared for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I only sat one last year, but it was a good bit easier just in the sense that the stuff that everyone was hoping would come up in the summer exam came up in the repeat... probably not by accident though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

In my experience (unfortunately I've had quite a bit) the repeats are almost always the same as the summer exams. Obviously the format of an exam is not going to change, but what I mean is that the content is often very similar between exams.

The lecturers don't want you to fail and are not out to get you (as it may seem some of the time). I can only speak of my experience in my course, but the repeats have generally been easier (maybe because I was better prepared, or the papers were similar and I had done the summer paper loads of times as study, I don't know) but by and large I passed repeats

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

From experience, repeats are easier to do but the exams aren't easier. They're easier because you have more time. And more than likely the thought of repeating the year is enough to make you work a bit harder for them.

Advertisement