Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIDRS and esturmate

Options
  • 08-05-2010 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

trying to compact the calving period does anyone know how long does a cow have to be calved before you can use cidrs and esturmate to bring them bulling??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭PANADOL

usually the standard 6 to eight weeks , iwould go with the 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Seen a thread on another internet discussion forum that talked about CIDR's. Was interested in trying it on a cow that is nearly 2 months behind the rest of the cows when she calves. Havent really being able to bring her forward from year to year. last year I nearly got her down by 3 weeks but she repeated on me. Wonder could I try this? Is it successful? Once she is calved 40 days could I try it or is it to soon? and what are the conception rates like when using these things?

Advertisement