Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allendale, is it a good area?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

I was looking at few areas in Dublin 15, and saw few houses in Allendale.

Do you think is it a good and safe area?

Does anybody live there?

Any experience / advices for potential buyers?

Thanks

Would you buy a house in Allendale? 1 vote

No, it's a dangerous area
    0% 0 votes
    No, I don't like the area - please reply with reasons :)
    0% 0 votes
    Don't know the area
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, I think is a good area
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, I've closed the poll as I'd rather not see the forum go down the route where people simply click a button to vote rather than offering a proper opinion of somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnny.bill

Thanks, didn't see this point at the time I created it but fully agree with your action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I've only ever been in Allendale to pick something up while buying something from adverts. Seems like a quiet enough area. Close enough to Ongar for shops and stuff. Loads of kids playing out on the green.

Only thing is the road layout is pretty bad! Loads of twists and turns. Just like they built the houses first and went "crap we forgot roads.... here ya go!"

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnny.bill

Only thing is the road layout is pretty bad! Loads of twists and turns. Just like they built the houses first and went "crap we forgot roads.... here ya go!"

hahaha, very same impression I got. I don't see any stop signs either, but then I realized it wouldn't make sense to put one in that kind of layout

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

A friend of mine used to live there,and I work in Ongar, its nice enough area, low crime rate. Pleasant people. Its a nice area. The road system isn't the best. I cycle alot around there so I can relate to the other ppl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement