Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heroes of might and magic 2

Options
  • 08-05-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place for my question. Im not a tech head. Or a gamer but I used to play Heroes of might and magic 2 price of loyalty on the computer at home. Thing is it was an old computer with windows 2000 i think on it. Have now got windows 7 and am wondering if I could get my hands on this game again and actually play it on my laptop. Thing is my last laptop was a windows vista and I couldn't play it there as I needed windows 95...any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe if there is a similar game to the old heroes Im all ears and any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Check out http://www.dosbox.com/ should have you up and running in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Ive found homm 2 on it and it says supported...so what's the story is there some download link on it or something? Or is there a place where I download dosbox and it will configure it for me???? Sounds dumb but I'm no tech head

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Im confused... do you have your original disk? Installing dosbox is straight forward enough and so is getting games to run

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox

If you do not have your disks im afarid it against the forum rules to post links to games but I believe its abandonware so it shouldnt be hard to find.

LoGiE:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Hi Logie I don't have the original disk But did own it once upon a time :) I downloaded dosbox and went through a set up thing off a different website...all to no avail...I still have dosbox on my laptop but when i click it i get 2 small black boxes with text in it....I'm very confused with the whole thing...If you are willing to take me through i'd be grateful.

Advertisement