Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 VW Golf engine warning light

Options
  • 08-05-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Folks

The yellow engine warning light is after coming on in my 07 1.4 TSi Golf. Booklet describes it as an exhaust emissions warning and bring the car to a workshop. Car still drives fine and no visible smoke from exhaust or anything i.e. there's nothing wrong except for the light.

I can't get the car serviced this week as I'm down the country with work.

Last service (the second) was @ 35k km / 12 months ago. Mileage now stands @ 54k km.

I'm worried that I'll damage the car by driving it but there appears to be nothing wrong - am I worrying over nothing except a random warning light???.....

Cheers
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thomas wrote: »
    Folks

The yellow engine warning light is after coming on in my 07 1.4 TSi Golf. Booklet describes it as an exhaust emissions warning and bring the car to a workshop. Car still drives fine and no visible smoke from exhaust or anything i.e. there's nothing wrong except for the light.

I can't get the car serviced this week as I'm down the country with work.

Last service (the second) was @ 35k km / 12 months ago. Mileage now stands @ 54k km.

I'm worried that I'll damage the car by driving it but there appears to be nothing wrong - am I worrying over nothing except a random warning light???.....

Cheers
    Tom

Is it still under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

Unfortunately not - ran out last April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

VW have a habbit of putting on warning lights . i know a guy who will knock it off for a few euro haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

WOW that is some service interval.

Bring it to a local garage and see what they say, might cost a few Euro, but it might be safer.

Advertisement