Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick/LIT/Grove Island Student Village

Options
  • 08-05-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,
    I'm hoping to study at Limerick Institute of Technology after not this summer, but next.

Also i'd be considering living in the student village at Grove Island

I'm from Scotland and i've never been to Limerick

Can anyone give me any advice or comments on what its like to live in Limerick, the uni or Grove Island ??

any comments would be really appreciated. Thanks :D

also how easy is it for students to find jobs in Limerick? If not where would i look for a job instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

pgx wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm hoping to study at Limerick Institute of Technology after not this summer, but next.

Also i'd be considering living in the student village at Grove Island

I'm from Scotland and i've never been to Limerick

Can anyone give me any advice or comments on what its like to live in Limerick, the uni or Grove Island ??

any comments would be really appreciated. Thanks :D

also how easy is it for students to find jobs in Limerick? If not where would i look for a job instead?

I lived in Grove Island for a while, nice place very close to town. Its a bit far from LIT is the only thing. Its mostly art students living there (as its near the art college). Would you not live closer to LIT there are a few places out that direction, even a rent a room. Contact the accommodation dept in LIT or check out daft.ie. As for jobs id say it may be hard enough now, but there are quite a few pubs/shops/restaurants so you should get one after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pgx

is the art college your talking about the limerick school of art and design within the LIT?
    (because its an art course im wanting to do)

If not then yeah i will look into closer accommodation, i didn't realise it was far from LIT because its recommended on the LIT website. Thanks for the link, i'll check it out :)
    The LIT website also suggests Cratloe Wood Village and Thomond Student Village, do you know if any of them are closer to LIT? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

pgx wrote: »
    is the art college your talking about the limerick school of art and design within the LIT?
    (because its an art course im wanting to do)

If not then yeah i will look into closer accommodation, i didn't realise it was far from LIT because its recommended on the LIT website. Thanks for the link, i'll check it out :)
    The LIT website also suggests Cratloe Wood Village and Thomond Student Village, do you know if any of them are closer to LIT? Thanks

Yes it is. Then Grove Island is what you want, the apartments are nice and always good craic there.

The main LIT campus is outside the city, the LIT art college campus is in the city. So I would go for Grove Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pgx

i see, thanks for the help i'll stick to Grove Island then.

Advertisement