Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money worries

Options
  • 08-05-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to live in dublin on an internship where i dont get paid for a year... I would need to pay rent, car loans and insurance, general expenses... Im totally lost at how to get work experience and this seems like my only option... a friend got made redundant only 2 weeks ago and has got a joba lready with great money - im still unemployed after 1 year... would it be possible? has anyone ver done it??? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Sorry if this is obvious, but if you're not getting paid then how on earth can you live in Dublin for a year? Will you be getting benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Sorry if this is obvious, but if you're not getting paid then how on earth can you live in Dublin for a year? Will you be getting benefits?

of course i would get benefits - it would be the fas programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Well if you don't get pain for the internship, how are you intending on paying for rent and bills?

Advertisement