Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy non breakable crockery

Options
  • 08-05-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’ve just bought my first motorhome and need to stock it with non breakable crockery (plates, bowls, cups and glasses). Any suggestions on where to look? Also, any suggestions on special items to buy (eg anti break glass holders).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Hi
    As far I know Halfords sell what you are looking for including eletric hookup cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

we have some of the unbreakable Melamine crockery in stock .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

I got some in heatons a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newbiecamper

Charles Camping in Blessington if you're near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Dunnes stores have some stuff and very reasonable Glasses plates cups etc.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

All that has been said (I think Dunnes may be a bit late with it this year, due to the bad weather, but they have brilliant stuff), and I find that a lot of pound shops actually stock lovely ones too. Found 4 melamine plates and cups in one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hi All,

I’ve just bought my first motorhome

what did you buy , after ? Best of luck with it btw.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

TBH you need a normal set of cups. A plastic cup is just not the same for a good cup of tea/coffee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

the dunnes stuff is the job...looks and feels like regular crockery except its made of some very hard durable plastic.
    Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

*Kol* wrote: »
    TBH you need a normal set of cups. A plastic cup is just not the same for a good cup of tea/coffee!!!

Agreed. Great for fooling the kids into thinking they're drinking in grown up cups though :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm spotting all this stuff now, I'm sure we won't be able to find it when we do eventually take the plunge! As has been said, Heatons have melamine on offer at the moment (or did the last time I was in). Buy 2 get the third free on mugs, plates, bowls...

Happened to be passing at lunch - it's buy 3 get the 4th free. No idea of how good value that is

Advertisement