Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

husqvarna self propelled lawnmower

Options
  • 08-05-2010 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

february 2009 i bought a 21inch self propelled lawnmower. it can mulch, side discharge or collect. its a steel deck. it has the auto drive that lets you choose the speed. i think its 5hp kohler engine. its 173cc whatever that is. the engine is the one with an automatic choke. basically its not powerful enough. i use it to cut on a small slope. its very poor to pull itself up with most of the time me still having to push it up. also can block easily enough when under pressure especially if grass is gone past the two weeks. generally i have to turn back to an older push push castlegarden lawnmower with 5.5hp engine as it turns out faster as the bag really packs itself. bascially im going to put this husq up in done deal and buy a new 7hp castlegarden in hope that it will be a lot better. i want to know what should i be advertsing it at and then expect to get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

hi,
    The cc of the engine is bascically the size of the engine cylinder and the cubic centimetre of air intake. Sounds like at 5.hp it should be doing more for you on a gentle slope, as a seasoned gardner you are aware of the shorter and more frequent cutting required for mulching.Raise the height of the wheels if the grass gets too long e.g 2 weeks and dont mulch
    I personaly would contact the seller and ask him to just 'check it out' as in my book its still a new mower and a husq.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

never use the mulch as the grass would end up all inside the house. always just bag it

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

february 2009 i bought a 21inch self propelled lawnmower. it can mulch, side discharge or collect. its a steel deck. it has the auto drive that lets you choose the speed. i think its 5hp kohler engine. its 173cc whatever that is. the engine is the one with an automatic choke. basically its not powerful enough. i use it to cut on a small slope. its very poor to pull itself up with most of the time me still having to push it up. also can block easily enough when under pressure especially if grass is gone past the two weeks. generally i have to turn back to an older push push castlegarden lawnmower with 5.5hp engine as it turns out faster as the bag really packs itself. bascially im going to put this husq up in done deal and buy a new 7hp castlegarden in hope that it will be a lot better. i want to know what should i be advertsing it at and then expect to get

i bought a 21" husqvarna in 2007 and it has the autodrive and a 6.5hp briggs engine. its the mulch, collect side discharge one.
    has yours got the tube up the side for the grass to go to the bag?
    i found the mower to be a bit dissapointing for the fairly high price as the mulch models dont seem to be very good at collecting grass. the grass keeps getting blocked up in the tube unless its very dry.
    the 5hp engine might be a bit underpowered for that model of mower.
    i bet you it cost you over 500 euros and once they are used they lose a lot of value.

mossfort wrote: »
    i bought a 21" husqvarna in 2007 and it has the autodrive and a 6.5hp briggs engine. its the mulch, collect side discharge one.
    has yours got the tube up the side for the grass to go to the bag?
    i found the mower to be a bit dissapointing for the fairly high price as the mulch models dont seem to be very good at collecting grass. the grass keeps getting blocked up in the tube unless its very dry.
    the 5hp engine might be a bit underpowered for that model of mower.
    i bet you it cost you over 500 euros and once they are used they lose a lot of value.

no it goes through the back like most lawnmowers. what roughly is it worth. think we paid €550for it

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

no it goes through the back like most lawnmowers. what roughly is it worth. think we paid €550for it

id ask 400 for it and see how it goes and enquire about trading in with a dealer.

• Advertisement

if i went into a dealer with it how much would i be paying with it would ye think if a new self propelled castlegarden 7hp was costing €640 with 22inch cut

Advertisement