Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dosing sheep

Options
  • 08-05-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I have a small flock about 10 ewes and lambs what i am looking to know is i dose them with fasinex for fluke do i need to do them for worms as well or would that do and also i am thinking about buying a couple of cattle i was wondering do you have to have your own crush because my neighbour has one and i would be able to use it and i want quiet ones what breed would be best thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

As far as i know fasinex is for fluke only, if you want to treat worms you need a wormer (white or clear), fluke stuff won't do worms.. having said that there are products that do fluke and worms so might suit you. (can't think of names). Sheep farmer here can't really help you with your cattle queries..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Hi MasterBlaster,
    Fasinex is for fluke only although you can get other doses which do both. If you have dosed for fluke in Jan then just get a worm dose especially if they were in for a while and the ground has been so dry that it wont be such a problem.
    Worm dose call into your local co operative and get them to recommend it and then change it on a yearly basis not the name but the type.

As for cattle crush if you are going to have cattle you must have your own crush and a shed to keep an isolated/ sick animal.

Advertisement