Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aahhh for feck sake!!!

Options
  • 08-05-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Well lads im due to pick up my car today but guess what? Sure i won't be able to get insured until monday i'd say.:mad::mad::mad:

I agreed a quote with Pat Britton Insurance yesterday but when i phoned a minute ago to actually pay for it all i hear is a recorded message saying; we are open till 2 but the phones are un-manned!!!! Whats the point in being open then???

Anybody got an idea to get me out of this annoying situation.:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just call back in a few minutes. Who ever is manning the phones has probably gone to take a shíte.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Just call back in a few minutes. Who ever is manning the phones has probably gone to take a shíte.:)

Ive been phoning for the last 30 minutes & i keep getting the same stupid recorded message. 'we're open from 10 to 2 today but the phones are not manned'!!!!!!

AAAARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

One of the phones will be working just not the main phone. A bit of Googling and sleuthing will find you the right number.

They have to ring people so they must have a working phone.

OR

E-mail them and say they MUST ring you today because you are collecting a car and want to GIVE them MONEY

admin@brittoninsurance.com
    headoffice@brittoninsurance.com

Ive been phoning for the last 30 minutes & i keep getting the same stupid recorded message. 'we're open from 10 to 2 today but the phones are not manned'!!!!!!

AAAARRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Well if it were me, I'd ring whoever gave you the 2nd best quote and go with them, then send a nice letter to Pat telling him his non existent customer service cost him a few bob and many years of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have to agree, that is idiocy of the highest order. I had a quick google and I can't find any other number either. As Berty suggested, i'd email them. Or get a quote elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Well lads i just emailed them asking to phone me ASAP. Probably won't get a response but hey i tried.
    Thing is most places are closed on saturday so its kinda my own fault. What pisses me off is that i was told Brittons was open on saturady but i was not told they were not contactable via phone!!!

Anyway were was i? oh yeah....AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I just rang them there, I thought the message only came up because no one could answer the phone! Not because they just don't have anyone answer the phone on Saturdays! That's just fúcking retarded!!

So are you going to go with someone else?

I just rang them there, I thought the message only came up because no one could answer the phone! Not because they just don't have anyone answer the phone on Saturdays! That's just fúcking retarded!!

So are you going to go with someone else?

Sure everywhere else is closed!

Im fcuked. Looks like i'l have to pick up the car on monday.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Axa & Quinn are open Saturdays.

You can use 123.ie and pay online.

Well i just phoned 123.ie.'123.ie just call us & save money!' my hole.:rolleyes:

Best they could do was 450 euro. Its a bit of a leap from the 320 i was offer from Pat (we're not open saturdays!) Brittons.

It'l be monday till im driving again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Well i just phoned 123.ie.'123.ie just call us & save money!' my hole.:rolleyes:

Best they could do was 450 euro. Its a bit of a leap from the 320 i was offer from Pat (we're not open saturdays!) Brittons.

It'l be monday till im driving again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Sure,look.Its a nice day out and it could be worse

Go to the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Try insure.ie. Open til 1pm i think. I'd actually just insure it with someone else and them send a complaint to Britton. Isn't there a 15 day cooling off period for insurance anyway...?

Go to the pub

Wanted to go for a spin to the coast in the new car (its not a new car its a 2000 but you know what i mean.) & have a nice oul day. But thats all gone down the sh!tter now.

A fella from meath was supposed to come down & buy my car yesterday but he had a problem crop up so he's coming down today to complete the transaction hence the big rush to get insured.

Right last one...... AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Go to the pub
    And walk home.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

What about your current insurer?

What about your current insurer?

They only insure commercial vehicles. Doesn't matter its only a day & a half without a car. I'l live.:(

Still a crazy set-up, though.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Still a crazy set-up, though.

It is fairly stupid alright. I phoned 123.ie & they could cover me today alright but they wanted 450euro as opposed to 320 from Pat britton up in Donegal. And they wouldn't come done 1 cent so i'l go with the other crowd on monday morning.

Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Did you try Quinn - they answer the phone on Saturdays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

AXA open Saturdays? Where?
    Only open Mon-Fri 09:30-17:00
    http://www.axa.ie/help/axa-insurance-branch-locator.aspx

Scratch that, they're open Sat 10-2 for phone-in questions about online insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

What you picking up?

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    What you picking up?

Its just a boring oul 2000 1.4 corolla 5door hatchback. Not having a car is weird, i have to actually walk to the off-licence in a minute to get some beers.
    Imagine that? Walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Its just a boring oul 2000 1.4 corolla 5door hatchback. Not having a car is weird, i have to actually walk to the off-licence in a minute to get some beers.
    Imagine that? Walking!

Sorry - I can't even imagine it. :D

You have my sympathy - I hate dealing with insurance companies,
    and I hate it when a company says that they are open on Saturdays, and I assume they are open for business the same as a weekday, and then find myself in your situation, where the company is open, but not for business. :mad:

Advertisement