Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Office 2007.. Issues with word

Options
  • 08-05-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

First of all I hope this is the right place to post and apologies if it is not.
    Second of all I feel a bit silly having to ask this question but it has been bugging the hell out of me.

I'm completeing an interview pack for my nursing interview and I need to complete 5 different sections. This is all in Microsoft word 2007.
    A blank box is inserted in the page and that needs to be filled.
    However every time I type in the box, the box expands. There is a strict instruction at the end of the page stating expanding the box is forbidden. I know I can just decrease the box myself but now each box is a slightly different in size. And I don't want to present the completed version without it being completely correct.

I just need to know if there is a way I can ensure the box doesn't expland as I type.
    I've tried office help and searched online, but I only seem to be able to make the whole document read only.
    Thanks in advance guys;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Try pressing the "insert" key on your keyboard before you start typing - it's usually near the home/page up keys. Remember to press it again when you're done. It puts things into "Overwrite" mode in Word, so you're overwriting the blank spaces, rather than adding to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Your a star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Your a star :D

You can send the flowers and chocolates to me after you get the job ;)

Advertisement