Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto

Options
  • 07-05-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

ingterested in getting a new car and using the double scrapage sheme.

only looking at around 10 or 11k, and most cars i've seen for this are pretty crappy

quite like the look of these though and i'll be aranging a test drive shortly

punto evo
    punto_evo_black.jpg

grande punto
    punto_1.jpg

any experiences with puntos?

should i be looking elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can of worms about to be opened.

Personally I bought one new 10 years ago and it had a few niggly problems, I still bought more Fiats and an Alfa, but that was back when they were the only affordable half decently specced nice looking car.

The Grande Punto is a bit long in the tooth now, and the Punto evo is only a halfarsed facelift. I don't think I'd pass over a Clio with 5 years warranty for a Punto.

Grande Punto not a bit seller, and any stories you're likely to hear will be about Mk1 or Mk2 Puntos.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

was looking at the clio alright, just doesn't look as nice and there's a hell of a price difference between the 3DR and 5DR

do like the look of the grande clio though

mates brother had a punto and the engines literally fell out of it in the end. just not sure if these are old issues or they're still about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

me? iv an 8 or so yr old punto. Little bugger is running great!
    No complaints at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

01 punto....92000miles, no bother with it. perfect cheap car.
    Punty power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Grande punto......bigger head gasket. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement