Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion and Theology

Options
  • 07-05-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi, was wondering if anyone did this course who could tell me a bit more about it? I just wanna get some opinions of people who've actually done the course and know what it's really like.
    Ok, so:
    - I'm not religious in any way. I'm sure this isn't a problem, but I was just wondering, are most people who do the course religious themselves?
    - What's the course actually like? Obviously it sounds good in the prospectus but do people generally hate it in real life?
    Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

zam wrote: »
    Hi, was wondering if anyone did this course who could tell me a bit more about it? I just wanna get some opinions of people who've actually done the course and know what it's really like.
    Ok, so:
    - I'm not religious in any way. I'm sure this isn't a problem, but I was just wondering, are most people who do the course religious themselves?
    - What's the course actually like? Obviously it sounds good in the prospectus but do people generally hate it in real life?

Any course with a major amount of Theology will have a high proportion of religious types. Amount of secular students wont be high, I dont know this through experience, but common sense kinda tells me this.

I'm one of those odd atheists with a big interest in Religions/Christianity.....If I didn't want to do a science degree so much, I probably would have done something like this (Or Irish....Or Philosophy (Apparently I dodged a bullet with that one though))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

zam wrote: »
    Ok, so:

A friend of mine did this course, at least then it was called Biblical and Theology studies. He wasn't a holy joe of any description and was very out going etc. I'd be vary of taking the above posters comments to heart, he's just making it up as he goes along.

A friend of mine did this course, at least then it was called Biblical and Theology studies. He wasn't a holy joe of any description and was very out going etc. I'd be vary of taking the above posters comments to heart, he's just making it up as he goes along.

I do actually know a few people do "Arts" (Under it's varying titles, and my religion teacher from school did Theology there......) in TCD.......but anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I feel in some weird way that this is appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Fad wrote: »
    I'm one of those odd UCD fags with a big interest in being in Trinity.....If I had done better, I probably would have gone to Trinity (Apparently I dodged a bullet with that one, still wish I did though)

Fixed your post for you.

• Advertisement

Groinshot wrote: »
    Fixed your post for you.

Catholicism FTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Fad wrote: »
    Catholicism FTW?

The Catholic Church... we've made a few 'changes'.:cool:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

El Siglo wrote: »
    The Catholic Church... we've made a few 'changes'.:cool:
    :D

She looks a bit like that receptionist from "The Office".

Advertisement