Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck Derby

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Has any1 been involved in organising a duck derby?
    - if you dont know,its a fundraiser where people ' adopt' a rubber duck and all the ducks are let loose in a river and the 1st to pass the finish lines wins its owner a prize.
    Im trying to organise one for my sports team and am unsure if a would need permits or permission or somethin to run this, and from who?
    all advice welcome!

this isnt neccessarily restricted to dublin,just wasnt sure were to post it :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What happens when a duck flies upside down?

He quacks up.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

this sounds like fun,can you put some more info up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frisbee!

I havnt anything organised yet, still just looking for information but when its sorted il let ye no!
    at the moment im thinkin in a smallish river so i dont have to sort anything with boat owners or the port, i heard of one in Laois where they had it in a shallow river so they could have people in waders in the river to collect any stray ducks :D anyone go t any suggestions for rivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

frisbee! wrote: »
    Has any1 been involved in organising a duck derby?
    - if you dont know,its a fundraiser where people ' adopt' a rubber duck and all the ducks are let loose in a river and the 1st to pass the finish lines wins its owner a prize.
    Im trying to organise one for my sports team and am unsure if a would need permits or permission or somethin to run this, and from who?
    all advice welcome!

this isnt neccessarily restricted to dublin,just wasnt sure were to post it :D
    One has been held annually in Balbriggan since the 1980s.

ScanJan183.jpg

There was a gap of a few years where it didn't take place but it ran again last year.

I'm sure any of the committee will give you any details you need to know.

Advertisement