Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Towns

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I know this has been discussed on the forum before but I'd like to get a fresh perspective.

I'm looking for a locatoin for a stag party of 20 people somewhere in the country. I was thinking of a medium sized town rather than a city because a group of that number may easily get disbanded in somewhere like Cork. I would like the location to have facilities for an activity for the Saturday afternoon.

So far I was thinking of...

Kinsale,
    Drogheda,
    Ennis,
    Carrick on Shannon

Anyone got any thoughts on the above or any other ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

this is good thread
    i too wish for a similar suggestion

mucho gracias

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Carlingford
    Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Letterkenny or Sligo.
    Personally it's not gonna make much difference if it's a big/small town... you'll loose people anyway.
    I had mine in Belfast 3 weeks ago... great craic.
    Good idea if u have a pub nearby your accom. to act as a bse for all the stag party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Dingle, great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Hey Bamboozle, I'm heading to Dingle for my stag. Any pointers for activities etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

forestman wrote: »
    Hey Bamboozle, I'm heading to Dingle for my stag. Any pointers for activities etc?

we did a pub crawl startin from the south pole inn (which is a class spot) and headed into dingle and then out to Ventry to Paudi O'Shea's pub. there's some great pub's in dingle town, Dick Mac's especially was heaving

great town though, the local's are great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

bamboozle wrote: »
    we did a pub crawl startin from the south pole inn (which is a class spot) and headed into dingle and then out to Ventry to Paudi O'Shea's pub. there's some great pub's in dingle town, Dick Mac's especially was heaving

great town though, the local's are great craic

Thanks Bamboozle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

+1 for Sligo

Had mine there last weekend, pubs were full, good food & drink.
    Lots to do nearby too - surfing, adventure centres etc.
    We hired a bus to Ballyconnell in Cavan to do Hovercraft and what they call Rage Buggies. Should have taken 70 minute, but was about an hour & a half due to the pitstops for green faces. :D

Would have to recommend Hargadons on the main street. Real old school pub, staff wearing the full length white aprons, and the pub grub was very good @ a tenner.

Then you have plenty of other pubs in the town too. We went to Fiddlers Creek & on to The Garravogue for late drinks.

There's lots more, but due to a big group of guys it was easier to just stick with one place rather than get split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

Heading to Dingle for the brothers stag. can anyone recommend a few place to go out on a Friday and sat night that has music and is good craic???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Stanzen wrote: »
    I know this has been discussed on the forum before but I'd like to get a fresh perspective.

I'm looking for a locatoin for a stag party of 20 people somewhere in the country. I was thinking of a medium sized town rather than a city because a group of that number may easily get disbanded in somewhere like Cork. I would like the location to have facilities for an activity for the Saturday afternoon.

So far I was thinking of...

Kinsale,
    Drogheda,
    Ennis,
    Carrick on Shannon

Anyone got any thoughts on the above or any other ideas?

Honest opinion, Kinsale is beautiful but not a lot of nightclubs/late bars
    Drogheda, kip (sorry Louth folk)
    Ennis, never been
    Carrick on shannon, never been myself, a few of my friends have been on stags there and i'be heard nothing but good reports.

Galway's great craic, loads of bars/ clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Honest opinion, Kinsale is beautiful but not a lot of nightclubs/late bars
    Drogheda, kip (sorry Louth folk)
    Ennis, never been
    Carrick on shannon, never been myself, a few of my friends have been on stags there and i'be heard nothing but good reports.

Galway's great craic, loads of bars/ clubs.

thread is 3 years old.

Advertisement