Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Accent '97 - Boot release broken

Options
  • 07-05-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

I have a Hyundai Accent 1997 (I know, I Know....). I can't open the boot from inside with the little lever under the seat. How can I fix it please. :confused:

Comments

More than likely it is a stretched cable or the cable may have snapped (unlikely), there is an even unlikelier chance that the cable has slipped out of the pull point (slim to none though). Not hard to fix if you are any way mechanically minded but nigh on impossible if you are not so inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spartacus1811

RoverJames wrote: »
    More than likely it is a stretched cable or the cable may have snapped (unlikely), there is an even unlikelier chance that the cable has slipped out of the pull point (slim to none though). Not hard to fix if you are any way mechanically minded but nigh on impossible if you are not so inclined.

I will try to fix it myself. How do I get to the cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you should be able to open the boot with the key, the cable runs from the lock mechanism on the boot door and runs along the boot hinge, under the rear seat, under the floor and on to the lever, the only bit you'll be checking is where it meets the lock and lever. You'd probably have to remove the drivers seat and pull back the carpet to access the lever properly.
    To eliminate the lever first, pull and push the lever and listen for movement at the boot door.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spartacus1811

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you should be able to open the boot with the key, the cable runs from the lock mechanism on the boot door and runs along the boot hinge, under the rear seat, under the floor and on to the lever, the only bit you'll be checking is where it meets the lock and lever. You'd probably have to remove the drivers seat and pull back the carpet to access the lever properly.
    To eliminate the lever first, pull and push the lever and listen for movement at the boot door.

THANKS Colm, You are a STAR.:D

Advertisement