Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW service around Dublin

Options
  • 07-05-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

hi all,

can anyone give me a personal recommendation for a service 2 on a '08 520d??

gotten quotes from Frank Keane & Joe Duffy but have found both garages to have treated me poorly in the past and am reluctant to go back to them.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

If it's service you want and are willing to travel, Bavarian in Belfast will show you how it should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Try these guys: http://www.accarsales.ie/. Have dealt with them before and always had a pleasent experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

car was actually bought from them. never thought of going back owing to the distance involved. will email them for a quote

ac: rang them yesterday, left message. phone call not returned, not impressed

anyone here personally gotten their car serviced in bavarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Let us know how you get on. I used them whenever I could and they couldn't have been better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Heres the top indy and main dealers from our recent survey -

BEST INDEPENDENT

1: Chelmsford Motors, Ranelagh, Dublin
    2: Courtney BMW, North Circular Road, Dublin
    3: Bavarian Autotech, Abbeyfeale, Limerick

BEST MAIN DEALER

1: Murphy & Gunn, Dublin
    2: David Prentice, Omagh
    3: Morrisons, Cahir

• Registered Users Posts: 64,814 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kdevitt wrote: »
    2: Courtney BMW, North Circular Road, Dublin

I can vouch for them, they serviced my V8 petrol BMWs for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

unkel wrote: »
    I can vouch for them, they serviced my V8 petrol BMWs for years.

By all accounts they're excellent alright - never used them myself. Have used Chelmsford as well and can definitely vouch for them too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is your 2008 still under warranty?
    as it may decide wether to use an official BMW dealer or an independant.

well yes its under warranty but neither the garage I bought the car from nor other main dealers are honouring the warranty when it comes to service work (e.g. I have to pay to get the work done)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

well yes its under warranty but neither the garage I bought the car from nor other main dealers are honouring the warranty when it comes to service work (e.g. I have to pay to get the work done)

Did you buy the Service or Service+ package with the car?

Plain jane, whatever comes as default

• Registered Users Posts: 64,814 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kdevitt wrote: »
    By all accounts they're excellent alright - never used them myself.

I should have spotted it before, their address is not really North Circular Road. It is North Strand. Linky here

I didn't vote in your poll, maybe I should have. My vote might have put Courtney's at the top :)

And here's how I got to service my cars with Courtney's. I used to work in an office building just across the road. The owner of the building used to buy brand new BMWs but never had them serviced by BMW main dealers, but instead swearing by Tom Courtney's garage. I was impressed and had my old BMWs serviced by them ever since.

do you know if they are open saturday's? might nip into them as they are only down the road from me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Did you expect the Warranty to cover servicing?

I can vouch for Chelmsford & Murphy & Gunn.

S.

thanks for the replies.

yes I expected warranty to cover servicing. not consumables like tyres and brake pads, but the 'checks' I certainly expected to be covered. so far I have been quoted approx €400 for 3 hours labours for 'checks'. I can't believe the checks aren't included under warranty

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

garages dont have to honour general servicing on any car unless you bought the service pack at the original purchase time.
    thanks for the replies.

yes I expected warranty to cover servicing. not consumables like tyres and brake pads, but the 'checks' I certainly expected to be covered. so far I have been quoted approx €400 for 3 hours labours for 'checks'. I can't believe the checks aren't included under warranty

no maufacturer will check your car for free im afraid.
    its all routine maintenance, if you cant do it, you have to pay somebody qualified to do them.

might be worthwhile learning what checks need to be done, then you can save the few quid and do them yourself.

Advertisement