Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber Tracks

Options
  • 07-05-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I have a Hitachi EX 75 -3, one of the rubber tracks is kapupt, i need to buy a new or second hand one, it has 76 teeth....

Any pointers / ideas, How much more expensive would it be for Block Pads ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

a1 plantspaers up the north were the cheapest when i was buying but look out on donedeal and the net first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The rubber blocks on the steel pads are great if you are only ever on tarmac and concrete but if you also go in the mucky stuff it gets in between the pad and the block and pushes them apart eventually popping them off.

That was my experience after I put them on every single pad on a 22t Sumitomo in Oz and then I had to take them all off again on site. By hand. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Figerty

I got tracks a few years ago from a company in Wales called Evans and Reid. Google them and you can find them. I found them great to deal with.

On their advice I change the sprocket wheels when changing the tracks. They were dead right to do so. The exchange rate has shifted against you a little, but still good value.

Advertisement